just got my rws excaliber back off paul sewell

i cant belive how paul has chanked this rws excaliber carbine in to one of the finest rifles ive used I don't know all the things he done on the inside but it cycles and shoots lovely,plus it come back totally gleaming wood work and stock,i looked for a long time for a one of these in carbine ive had 3 full length versions and did not suite ,I got this rfd to rfd at my end from a shop right down the country they said it had ,had new seals fitted but they had not first time I filled it leaked and it cycled horrible,a mate of mine put me on to paul and he is a top lad ,this gun was owned bye a old bloke that had it from new and hardly used it so it is mint ,I'm very happy with it pauls set it up forair arms diablo at 11.7 cant waite to get the wolf on her and get out and shoot some rabbits and squirrels for all my birds of prey

• Like 5

Nice one Jeff :thumbs:

I have always fancied one of the Excaliber rifles in .177 but have never ever seen one, - did they ever make .177 rifles do you know ?

My friend with the gun shop has one in as we speak but wants £475 and again it`s .22 :no:

• Like 1

Thanks for the glowing feedback Jeff!

The rifle is in exceptionally good condition and has been very well looked after. Testament to its previous owner.

The action was a little dry and a few bit of dust and grit had entered the cocking slot, this is common but once cleaned out and the parts lightly lubricated it often makes a massive difference such as in this example.

The brass part was left in place as it was in perfect order but I have changed others in the past due to damage and wear.

The action on this is very similar to the Webley Raider only in that the breech block and magazine is the same sort of design, the Raider 10 was a bull barrel and had a higher block to accomodate. This RWS is pretty much the same as the webley FX2000, some Axsor models and some FX models. A lot of these were swedish built in the Axsor factory prior to them splitting up and Frederik starting the FX brand. 

Top quality parts and materials were always used.... shame some of the newer stuff has slightly dubious qa/qc issues eh?

Regards

Paul.

• Like 4

Ace I'm about to strip and inspect inside and reseal mine and replace the brass bit. Nice to hear other people love this gun. For me the one I have is the very gun iv owned for now half my life! And is very sentimental from when I shot with it daily, with many memories. Keep hold of it!!!

Ps if you worry about loosing your original mag there' a guy 3d printing them in 7 shot version in red on ebay. I have one it cycles perfect after a tickle with  a 4mm drill bit in the spindle hole. And is 10 quid posted so you can keep your original safe.