Holidays next year.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

caravan for me love it plenty fishing and good beaches 

the last 3 times ive went on hols the mrs ended up pregnant, spain pregnant,  America pregnant and mexico shes up the duff again, feck that I thought, next time I'm gona bring her with me

Don`t rush into it mate.

Posted Images

22 minutes ago, TOMO said:

thats the way to do it...little drives....we made mistakes in the past trying to go to far......did you see them wierd little barn shed things that are on stilts up in galicia...nearly every house had them

Tommo. Yeah we saw quite a few in different places locals told us it was where they used to store there grain & harvest & animal feed to keep it away from rats etc. You see so much more when you go off the beaten track & tourist routes ? atb

• Like 2
20 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

Mushy. San Sebastian is one of the places were staying bud so will look forward to that ?

Have a look online, find a nice place and book your table now, to ensure you get one ;)

Found these places below, I've heard of a couple (they WILL be expensive).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187457-San_Sebastian_Donostia_Province_of_Guipuzcoa_Basque_Country.html

In Basque country, in bars they have this thing called pinchos. Basically it's an item of food (usually on bread but can also just be on a small plate) with a large cocktail stick in it and you choose your own and pay at the end, according to how many sticks you have. Good cider too.

I'll ask a mate of mine who lives there for some recommendations ?

Edited by mushroom
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
10 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Have a look online, find a nice place and book your table now, to ensure you get one ;)

Found these places below, I've heard of a couple (they WILL be expensive).

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Restaurants-g187457-San_Sebastian_Donostia_Province_of_Guipuzcoa_Basque_Country.html

In Basque country, in bars they have this thing called pinchos. Basically it's an item of food (usually on bread but can also just be on a small plate) with a large cocktail stick in it and you choose your own and pay at the end, according to how many sticks you have. Good cider too.

I'll ask a mate of mine who lives there for some recommendations ?

yeh love them pinchos....loads of them pincho bars in Bilbao

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Dinosaurs said:

My wife tends to plan the route & book b&b’s small hotels etc & just tells me nxt days destination as my geographical knowledge is shocking & tbf she does a bloody good job ?   Atb

my mrs does alot of that ...sees a beach or some landmark,,or somthing historic on line...then it goes in the itinery 

• Like 1
18 minutes ago, blackmaggie said:

Wales for us in a cottage but no dogs this time I wouldn't mind Thailand or something similar but I don't think the youngest is up to it so wales it is 

Thailands a fantastic place for children mate,loads to see and do depending upon age,water parks the lot.

• Like 1

I'm not sure how he would cope with the flight buddy he's has autism so he gets anxious at best one of my brothers married a Thai the way she speaks about her home and the way they do things there got me thinking about visting there on a holiday but are kid loves it out  there and he hoping one day to live there permanent