Holidays next year.

• Replies 303
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

caravan for me love it plenty fishing and good beaches 

the last 3 times ive went on hols the mrs ended up pregnant, spain pregnant,  America pregnant and mexico shes up the duff again, feck that I thought, next time I'm gona bring her with me

Don`t rush into it mate.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Meece said:

Where are you staying in Crete? I found a super shooting ground.

9 hours ago, tatsblisters said:

Chania at the kalliston resort and spa.

The shooting ground is out near Chania airport. The people were so friendly and hospitable. I just rocked up and had a chat to some guys who were having a beer outside and I was soon shooting with a gun that they got out of the armory.for me. The facilities were fantastic. I bought a box of cartridges 5€ and paid 10€ for the clays. How long are you staying there for? The club has a website. If you're interested I'll dig out back and find the details really nice place and friendly shooters. They do all sorts of shooting sports there. It's a bit like bisley.

• Like 1

I found this on the web.   >>>. t's the National Shooting Centre. It's an excellent facility and they may rent guns for visitors. The girl who runs it is English (Cindy) but I don't have a tel. number for her mobile. 

We're about an hour+ from Rethymnon. The club is on the outskirts of Kambani, a small village on the Akrotiri and only seven minutes from the main airport.

Shooting Club Vardas - National Shooting Center of Chania 
Tel.: (+30) 2821069210, (+30) 2821064489 

I bought the cartridges from Cindy. We stayed at a small hotel a couple of hundred yards away from the hotel where you are staying. It is called Corinna mare./star.

Edited by Meece
  • Like 1

Peru, trekking up an old inca trail to macchu pichuu.

1st time for a trip like that for me, fingers crossed i shift a couple of stone in the next six months so i ain't blowing out me arse for 10 days

Edited by jonah.
  • Like 4
  • Haha 1
2 hours ago, Meece said:

I found this on the web.   >>>. t's the National Shooting Centre. It's an excellent facility and they may rent guns for visitors. The girl who runs it is English (Cindy) but I don't have a tel. number for her mobile. 

We're about an hour+ from Rethymnon. The club is on the outskirts of Kambani, a small village on the Akrotiri and only seven minutes from the main airport.

Shooting Club Vardas - National Shooting Center of Chania 
Tel.: (+30) 2821069210, (+30) 2821064489 

I bought the cartridges from Cindy. We stayed at a small hotel a couple of hundred yards away from the hotel where you are staying. It is called Corinna mare./star.

Cheers for the info.

2 hours ago, mackem said:

Did one in india and an elephant trek and walking trek in Nepal,would love to do a migrations or gorilla one in the dark continent.

I never thought of a safari in india I just thought Africa. 

Any photos you or martyn2233 want to share.?

13 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Anybody been on a safari.?

I spent a few months travelling down to capetown from nairobi . I visited nairobi national park, tsavo,and amberseli

also ngora ngora and the serangeti had a great canoe trip on the zambezi and also the chobe river.Spent time in kruger also which was my favorite

And also ive hunted plains game near port elizabeth SA:D

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
4 hours ago, ginger beard said:

Safari in india wasn't like the safaris of the Victorian era,it was in the back of a jeep,didnt see tigers,just deer and langurs,nepal one was better,chitwan on the back of an elephant,saw quite a few one horned rhino and a sloth bear loads of deer,it was pre-digital camera days mate,probably got some pics boxed up somewhere

• Like 1
19 hours ago, ginger beard said:

just a few all taken with an iphone yes all wild but in a closed park lions where less then 3 meters away 

100_0671.JPG

100_0672.JPG

100_0628.JPG

100_0582.JPG

100_0590.JPG

100_0573.JPG

100_0547.JPG

• Like 3

Went majorca last year but staying in the UK this year. Thinking cottage on a sea Loch or try and find a castle that has rooms/lodges. The Mrs choose last year so this year is my turn.......i want full on boys own adventure.....canoes, fires on beach, hiking etc. There will be me, Mrs and the two lads

• Like 5
2 hours ago, DIDO.1 said:

Went majorca last year but staying in the UK this year. Thinking cottage on a sea Loch or try and find a castle that has rooms/lodges. The Mrs choose last year so this year is my turn.......i want full on boys own adventure.....canoes, fires on beach, hiking etc. There will be me, Mrs and the two lads

Pendenis castle in Falmouth has two holiday let cottages in the grounds ... stunning place ......

• Thanks 1