I bought a second hand one back in 2002ish pal. 

I didn't know much about it then only that is was a lovely bit of kit. It was my first .22 I'd ever had and was very very accurate indeed.

You've probably seen it already Mitch but this one is a corker??

• Like 1

I used to shoot a BSA Mercury ,22 in the late 70`s and my mate ( and shooting partner) Kev` Campbell shot the HW 35 .22.

The Mercury, for me, was way better.

Then one day, just after his 18th, Kevin pulled out a HW 35 E from his gun bag, he never said a word prior to this.

"Boy" was that rifle good. Way up on my all time Christmas list the 35E ( Export).

Kev`s game bag improved considerably. Although I shot both of his 35`s many times over the years, I never got one :icon_redface: but that will be changing Mitch as I want the more powerful old 35E classic in .177 and beautiful walnut stock.

I can`t speak for todays 35`s but the classic 35E is a must own rifle to go with my Feinwerkbaus 124 and 127.

Good luck with your quest Mitch :victory:

• Like 2

ive only ever played about with a couple of really old ones, Im a big fan of break barrels and these 35's are built to last.. think they were both pre hc!

ive been fighting the urge to get one of these from your favourite shop:laugh:

I cant find it anywhere else and the price is a bit steep!

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.asp?cat=Air Rifles&SubCat=Weihrauch Air Rifles&Product=8378

atb si 

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, si brown said:

ive only ever played about with a couple of really old ones, Im a big fan of break barrels and these 35's are built to last.. think they were both pre hc!

ive been fighting the urge to get one of these from your favourite shop  :laugh:

I cant find it anywhere else and the price is a bit steep!

http://www.airgunbuyer.com/details.asp?cat=Air Rifles&SubCat=Weihrauch Air Rifles&Product=8378

atb si 

How dare you :laugh:

• Haha 1

In my opinion the older ones are the best ones

im not a fan of brake barrels

but there is just some thing about the hw35

the ones iv refurbished have been top notch rifles and the way they shoot is spot on even before iv refurbed them Mitch

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

PS,,,and remember the older ones were made ,,,when they cared about what they sent out of the factory

NOT THE SH*T THEY SEND OUT NOW MATE

• Like 4

Hmmmm the 35, the export is one seriously classy looking air rifle indeed, probably one of the best in fact, the old 35s ran a leather piston seal:bad: as did a lot of stuff of the period, personally if I were to have a 35, it would be the export model, in .177, with the mod for the modern piston seal, a Vortek kit, and the barrel shortened and screw cut for a moderator, along with a tune and fettle, I can hear the purists saying "Philistine" that would make the rifle none original. you know what? I dont care, I would rather the rifle run at a super smooth 11+ ftlbs  and have a shorter barrel, whilst retaining that lovely export stock, than the totally inefficient old internals, making around 9 ftlbs in twangy fashion, that to me would be the best of both worlds, old school finish and form combined with modern internals.

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, charlie caller said:

Hmmmm the 35, the export is one seriously classy looking air rifle indeed, probably one of the best in fact, the old 35s ran a leather piston seal:bad: as did a lot of stuff of the period, personally if I were to have a 35, it would be the export model, in .177, with the mod for the modern piston seal, a Vortek kit, and the barrel shortened and screw cut for a moderator, along with a tune and fettle, I can hear the purists saying "Philistine" that would make the rifle none original. you know what? I dont care, I would rather the rifle run at a super smooth 11+ ftlbs  and have a shorter barrel, whilst retaining that lovely export stock, than the totally inefficient old internals, making around 9 ftlbs in twangy fashion, that to me would be the best of both worlds, old school finish and form combined with modern internals.

Chambers do a conversion now for the old 35,s or you can still get the old leather ones off them

personally i would do the same as you get the conversion and stick a vortek seal on it lol:laugh::whistling:

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Confused 1

Just been reading an old post or two in the Airgun BBS forum Jimmy/ lads about the HW 35 leather/ synthetic seal.

It`s under " collectable Air Guns" - HW 35 leather or synthetic seal.

This particular guy has a leather seal (piston) that needs replacing and is going to buy a Chambers conversion.

One of the HW boffs (Mick) says - " Don`t do it " ! :rtfm:

He says, - the steel adaptor adds weight to the piston and also shortens the 65mm stroke.

He goes on to say,- The best bet is to buy a complete synthetic sealed piston from say - Knibbs. The synthetic sealed piston has a 4mm longer stroke than the leather sealed piston :thumbs:.

Hope that info is of use to you Jimmy,

atb  Mark.

• Like 3

I would like to know....

Right, in the old days we had the HW35 then came the HW80 and we were told that HW35s didn't produce the full power we had all been led to believe and this was all down to the smaller cylinder capacity, whereas the big and beefy HW80 had much more swept volume and oodles more power.

Come forward to more modern times and the HW35 is advertised as full power.

Is this really because of the piston head and maybe better springy things?

Thank you