Ratting gun

philpot

As some of you know, I am taking my 6fpe AA T200 up to 11fpe to use for ratting as I am not doing much target shooting at the moment BUT I really do like this little gun at 6fpe and am toying with keeping it as it is and look for a PCP for ratting...................................but what. It must be cheap as I use the FAC Impact for everything else so this will be just a ratter.

It also needs a decent shot count so not an Ultra despite the fact that I like them, oh yes please do NOT suggest a fcuking RM8, total sh1te.

Just food for thought at the moment.

Phil

ULTRA ,,,,,,,,,,BUT HOLD ON DONT GO AND SAY IV SAY,D NOT THE ULTRA

BUT AN ULTRA FITTED WITH THE SCORPION AIR CYLINDER

OR EVEN AN SCORPION T10 THE BIG BROTHER TO THE ULTRA

SYNTHETIC STOCK SO ITS EASY TO CLEAN AFTER YOU HAVE BEEN RATTING

MUCH BETTER SHOT COUNT THAN THE ULTRA AND JUST AS ACCURATE

IV HAD A FEW CRACKING RIFLES ,

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

scorp (2).JPG

• Like 1
41 minutes ago, philpot said:

Hmmm

The Scorpion sounds ideal, I will have a look around for a s/h one. What sort of shot count could I get from a .22 Scorpion.

Cheers me dears

mE AND VIZ SHOT TEN MAGS(10 SHOT MAGS) OUT OF THE T10 THIS IS WHAT WE GOT BEFORE SHE WAS EMPTY

6MAGS GOOD SHOTS ,,,,TWO MAGS YOU NEED TO USE THE MILL DOTS,,,,,TWO MAGS I WOULD NOT BOTHER WITH

AND THAT WAS OUT OF A 200BAR FILL

THE T10 IS STILL AS LIGHT AS THE ULTRA WITH THE SYNTHETIC STOCK

THE ONES IV HAD HAVE ALL BEEN THE OLDER ONES NOT THE SE VERSION

HERE IS ONE OF THEM FITTED WITH THE GEN 1 NV YOU DID NOT KNOW IT WAS ON THE RIFLE IT WAS THAT LIGHT TO WALK ABOUT WITH

ATVBJIMMY:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

kkj9 (7).JPG

• Like 1
49 minutes ago, philpot said:

Hmmm

The Scorpion sounds ideal, I will have a look around for a s/h one. What sort of shot count could I get from a .22 Scorpion.

Cheers me dears

I got around 80-90 decent ones, as in 11+, from my old scorpion. Meant to have 100 or so, but dropped suddenly after 100 to 10'ish, but even then it's all good for ratters. 

I was about to say ultra in .25 :) 

• Like 1

Hi Phil,

Choice of rifle ? At ratting ranges, whichever is the most comfortable pcp -the HW 100`s adjustable would be my choice mate.

In the suggested calibre of .22/ sub 12 ft/lbs, in all these years, check out the light weight  flat headed RWS Hobby 11.9 g on rats, or anything else under 30 yds. Extremely accurate to 30 yds after that range they get very poor, very quickly.

Phil, under 30 yds I`ve never seen a better .22 pellet hit so hard as these !

atb  Mark

• Like 1

Thanks guys, plenty of food for thought there. 

I take on board what you say about the SMK Matt but I just don't fancy one. The BSA guns can be tuned should I want to at a later date which gives me more options than most. The Ultra / Scorpion guns are nice and light so very comfortable to walk round with which is also something I like.

Phil

• Like 1

here you go phil 325mm cylinder fully airtech tuned drops of reg at 75 bar i get 100 shots from 200 bar but ive never take it as low so it drops off reg so probably get more. using 16 aa fields . got these last week in straw bales got six but couldnt get to the other two.

5FED0DF3-B8CE-4103-A40B-B35B6A66FAC5.jpeg

• Like 2

That looks spot on Toby, just right.

It looks like this idea will have to go on back burner as my youngest daughter just came in from work to tell us that the village shop that she works in, is closing tomorrow. I am really hacked off for her so no doubt we will have to help out until she gets another job. I know there is never a good time but at Xmas it just seems worse, I am so sad for her.

A new gun just doesn't seem important at the moment.

Phil

• Like 1
4 hours ago, philpot said:

That looks spot on Toby, just right.

It looks like this idea will have to go on back burner as my youngest daughter just came in from work to tell us that the village shop that she works in, is closing tomorrow. I am really hacked off for her so no doubt we will have to help out until she gets another job. I know there is never a good time but at Xmas it just seems worse, I am so sad for her.

A new gun just doesn't seem important at the moment.

Phil

Sorry to hear about your daughter mate... But just seen this.. Screenshot_20171215-140717.thumb.png.bc3d1db4c7f2773463f4d5bf119c815f.png