I've always liked Hawke scopes because they're good with my Archer NV so I bought another Sidewinder to go on my 17 Hornet. Always liked mildot reticles but decided to try the SR Pro ret this time. I was really disappointed with the thickness of the center cross. OK I guess if you're shooting dinner plate sized targets but I found it all but obliterated the center of the target when trying to zero at 150yds. I realise there has to be something for the IR to light up but I don't use IR, in fact I'm not sure if bright IR is detrimental to tubed NV. I found myself regretting the purchase every time I used it.

Anyway, I emailed Deben to ask if they did a ret change service or maybe an exchange scope? They offered me an ex display (never been mounted) mildot exchange as long as  my scope was all good. They received it on the 11th Dec and I'm expecting the courier by the end of play today 14th Dec. Assuming it doesn't have a curve in it or some other nasty I'm a happy bunny.

Well Done Deben.