pheasant carcas

Its a shame but game dealers have dictated  the price of rabbits here for twenty year only giving 30 pence and its take it or leave it we will pick up 100 + but the price of fuel it deducted  from your end  now there moving on to pheasants Unless the shoots have another out let selling them ready prepared at a farm shop etc  the markets gone . I can fill a freezer with pheasant to feed my ferrets over the summer easier than i can with rabbits the last couple of years 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, The one said:

Its a shame but game dealers have dictated  the price of rabbits here for twenty year only giving 30 pence and its take it or leave it we will pick up 100 + but the price of fuel it deducted  from your end  now there moving on to pheasants Unless the shoots have another out let selling them ready prepared at a farm shop etc  the markets gone . I can fill a freezer with pheasant to feed my ferrets over the summer easier than i can with rabbits the last couple of years 

they should make the pheasants into microwave meals i bet more folk would be prepared to eat it then

especially waitrose MnS crowd

1 hour ago, polonose00 said:

its a shame so much gets wasted, if there is truth to it.

could you imagine the outcry if dog men were found breeding rabbits just for coursing and not even eating the meat.

Plenty of so called dog men are leaving game behind.

• Like 4
10 hours ago, myersbg said:

A lot of shoots are struggling to get rid of pheasants this year, most game dealers will only take them for nothing and some even charging to take them away, if you know any shoots you can probably go and get whole birds for nothing or at least a small donation.

There is talk of some bigger shoots burying them and i have heard of one estate that has had a incinerator built, Disgusting really, what a waste of good meat.

They should be given to the less fortunate. 

I think if the birds left the estate oven ready then people would buy them. If an onsite butcher was hired for the day in a mobile unit then even at the cost of say 200 or 300 pound it would be worth it similar to turkey pluckers at xmas .Obviously this is easier said than done with health and safety laws but a mobile premises would be ideal. I think birds been left behind in feather is down to laziness and people would rather pay £3 pound or whatever for an oven ready bird than go to the rounds of plucking , gutting and then cleaning up the mess. I bet most of the wealthy guns would bring the birds home or buy them for friends if they were fully prepared.

• Like 3
5 minutes ago, jiggy said:

I think if the birds left the estate oven ready then people would buy them. If an onsite butcher was hired for the day in a mobile unit then even at the cost of say 200 or 300 pound it would be worth it similar to turkey pluckers at xmas .Obviously this is easier said than done with health and safety laws but a mobile premises would be ideal. I think birds been left behind in feather is down to laziness and people would rather pay £3 pound or whatever for an oven ready bird than go to the rounds of plucking , gutting and then cleaning up the mess. I bet most of the wealthy guns would bring the birds home or buy them for friends if they were fully prepared.

Spot on mate but once the guns have paid there money the keeper bin tipped no one seems to give 2 what happens to the birds it's wrong 

1 minute ago, Black neck said:

Spot on mate but once the guns have paid there money the keeper bin tipped no one seems to give 2 what happens to the birds it's wrong 

Fair point but I've seen as little as 10 or 12 pheasants at the end of a days rough shooting and I was giving them away free but nobody wanted them. When I told them I'd get them oven ready then one person would want them all. Lazy fcukers would nearly want you to cook it for them.

3 minutes ago, jiggy said:

Fair point but I've seen as little as 10 or 12 pheasants at the end of a days rough shooting and I was giving them away free but nobody wanted them. When I told them I'd get them oven ready then one person would want them all. Lazy fcukers would nearly want you to cook it for them.

Yep your right I'm not knocking just the big shoots there all the same 

• Like 1