Trail XQ50 Rabbit Shooting

On ‎28‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 05:16, IanB said:

Ow Peter Perfect..

Chest shots, couple needed a second shot, there getting shot to drop numbers at different ranges at night and awkward ones that have caused damage in wheat, sometimes hard to get at in hedgerows, woodland where you have to take a shot from a wing mirror on a running motor at all angles... dodgy, unethical where they running off, did they drop... sadly I can look at myself in the mirror, because I've shot enough, and long enough to know the job. If I wanted to fanny about taking all day for an ethical headshot half of them wouldn't be shot.....stick to your range work and start living in the real world...

Nice one. :thumbs:

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed the video .I've been shooting them for a living in New Zealand for a very long time so Id like to offer this up , I  at times wonder why some of you guys fiddle about for a age trying for a

just bought one of these off ian i can't wait for it to get here

No Ian,  he is just perfect in every way  . in fact if your lucky he may show you how to be as perfect a shot as he is!!!!!!  i am very envious of this gentlemans sniper like skills, only be

On ‎31‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 05:48, IanB said:

I think you better stick to the AirgunBBS Belarafron, regardless of what I say your going to be an argumentative twat, I'll say it how it is... I'm not sugar coating it, I was shooting rabbits to get rid of them, whilst the farmer who owns the land was driving my vehicle, on tramlines with the ground frozen and gave us the opportunity to get round, shooting from a passenger window with limited shooting angle from a defender window, with a HMR which drops them anywhere in the body...How many ran off?? I'd already snared a pile from the same area as he nearly had a heart attack with how many he watched when he looked through my thermal monocular on a previous outing, the crop damage was out to a 40 yd margin, in regard to your comments, what I see is someone who blatantly has nothing better to do with his time and doesn't live in the real world..

I hate wounding animals, but I know a HMR is fatal combined with thermal imaging, gives me rapid shooting in succession, I can shoot multiple targets quickly without worrying about range, or finding a target in the crosshairs like NV or lamp, I can shoot into hedges/grass/woodland which is difficult with other methods, over 70% of them shots would be neigh on impossible with NV or Torch light... I want to eradicate the rabbits, not play a game were I turn up every sunday and pop a few with head shots whilst the rest run off, or explain to the farmer I'm waiting for a headshot, and shoot 20% of them, whilst he's watching my monitor in the vehicle,  its not early season where you have that luxury, I've shot thousands upon thousands of rabbits head shot when I wanted to sell them....

To rub salt in your wounds, I swapped the thermal scope from my Airgun which is was fitted to it for ratting to my HMR and moved it to my other saved zero setting (HMR), but the move probably changed the POI slightly which I didn't check, although it dropped them still..

in fact I have no idea why I'm explaining myself to you.... 

In response to your multiple postings about me in other forums, that didn't go as well as you thought.and your quote.

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to stand by and do nothing"

Stop killing animals, stop shooting all together , shotgun or rifle theres always a chance of a miss, always..... then turn vegan ,  holy one...

Enjoy life in the perfect lane..

And again :thumbs: