Trail XQ50 Rabbit Shooting

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I enjoyed the video .I've been shooting them for a living in New Zealand for a very long time so Id like to offer this up , I  at times wonder why some of you guys fiddle about for a age trying for a

just bought one of these off ian i can't wait for it to get here

No Ian,  he is just perfect in every way  . in fact if your lucky he may show you how to be as perfect a shot as he is!!!!!!  i am very envious of this gentlemans sniper like skills, only be

• 2 weeks later...

I am impressed with the kit but I am NOT impressed with the level of skill of the hunter (Or lack of skill in this case).

The kit should not be used as an excuse to take so many dodgy and unethical shots.

Watching that video reminded me of the first time i took my lad hunting.

If i was shooting like that i wouldn't be able to look at myself in the mirror. 

I would give myself a right talking to on the way back to the range for some more practice.

Ow Peter Perfect..

Chest shots, couple needed a second shot, there getting shot to drop numbers at different ranges at night and awkward ones that have caused damage in wheat, sometimes hard to get at in hedgerows, woodland where you have to take a shot from a wing mirror on a running motor at all angles... dodgy, unethical where they running off, did they drop... sadly I can look at myself in the mirror, because I've shot enough, and long enough to know the job. If I wanted to fanny about taking all day for an ethical headshot half of them wouldn't be shot.....stick to your range work and start living in the real world...

6 hours ago, IanB said:

Ow Peter Perfect..

Chest shots, couple needed a second shot, there getting shot to drop numbers at different ranges at night and awkward ones that have caused damage in wheat, sometimes hard to get at in hedgerows, woodland where you have to take a shot from a wing mirror on a running motor at all angles... dodgy, unethical where they running off, did they drop... sadly I can look at myself in the mirror, because I've shot enough, and long enough to know the job. If I wanted to fanny about taking all day for an ethical headshot half of them wouldn't be shot.....stick to your range work and start living in the real world...

Hi Ian think if he looked in the mirror the devil would appear not in the real world mate keep at them mate 

• Like 1

Firstly let me get this straight.....You honestly think you can justify that crap shooting and your crap reply because you need to keep the numbers down?

Are you having my eyes out? 

All i see is someone showing complete disregard for what hunting and shooting is all about. You are showing complete disregard in the shots you are taking and showing absolutely no respect for the quarry your hunting. Where is your pride and respect? If i shot like that i would not want my fellow hunters/shooting fraternity to see how unskilled and unprofessional i was!

Making excuses with regards to shooting into hedgerows and woodland where the target is not clear and therefore you are clearly never going to achieve a clean shot....then don't take the bloody shot! Find a better position to shoot from, try shooting along the hedgerow, or cant you be arsed? 

If the shots are awkward, off a wing mirror, from various different angles with the engine running then find a more stable position. Use the bonnet with the bloody engine turned off or again, cant you be arsed to get out of your warm cab? Very lazy.....

I get the piece about keeping numbers down. I am a land owner and also have a number of permissions where my sole job is to maintain a natural equilibrium however, i pause and i think before i take up the second stage of that trigger. I ensure there is nothing between my round and the target. There have been numerous occasions when i have not taken a shot because i could not guarantee a clean and humane kill. Correct me if i am wrong as i could only watch your crap shooting once but i am pretty sure that a couple of those rabbits were able to run off after you shot them never to be seen again. Not to mention the complete miss shot/s. You could declare those shots as an ND (Negligent Discharge) if you need another crap excuse for crap shooting. 

As for the real world clearly you have no idea of the "Bigger picture"!

The shooting community including myself as a hunter, land owner and country enthusiast are up against the odds given the current political situation with regards to the UK law/policy for the restriction of ownership and use of any CF, RF and Air rifle. Physical attack, hatred, manipulation of social media and pure lies of the tallest order are thrown at us to either stop or hinder our way of life and love of shooting/hunting. 

Do you have any clue or idea as to what the "Anti-Shooting Community" would make of this video if they got there hands on it?.....I dread to think. You are not helping the situation by shooting and thinking the way you do and most of all you are giving them the ammo to attack us by posting this video and showing your attitude contained in your crap reply.

Your reply to my comment tells me you either do not care or are too ignorant, selfish and/or stupid to understand. Either way, the reasoning for you posting that video is to peddle your wares and boost sales.....its clearly all about the pound sign for you. As an Administrator of this site (which i have heard so many good things about by the way) i would have expected better. 

Secondly, Polishunter.

Do not let my air rifles and post count fool you into thinking i have no idea about the so-called "real world". When i look in the mirror i used to see the devil.....unfortunately that is what happens when you fire Accuracy International bolt action weapons for 24 years as a way of life.

Believe me........you know nothing John Snow!!!!!

I do not want this thread to turn into a slagging match and i am truly not after an all out argument. Your "Peter Perfect" reply/excuse really incensed me to write this long winded crap to get my point across.

I am just very disappointed that your reply as an administrator of a very well known website was not humbling in any way whatsoever and it did not show any clear train of thought for your actions and attitude with regards the bigger picture for the wider shooting community.

You have both clearly lost your way and i pity you.

All the very best

Marcus.

Edited by Belarafron

Just because you don't agree with someone doesn't make them wrong, ignorant, selfish or stupid and it certainly doesn't give you the right to post the video on 2 other forums and ask their opinion. That was out of order. I see it has been taken off one site and the other hasn't exactly backed you up 100%. 

Using an AI rifle doesn't make you better or more knowledgeable than anyone else. I don't see what that has to do with anything.

Try getting out shooting yourself instead of picking holes in other people's outings. 

The other hasn't exactly backed me up because i was out of order by the way in how i approached this thread and i get that.

I have taken that on board, clearly i should have PM'ed him first if i had a problem with his video. Like i said i will take that on the chin.

What i do not understand is the salient points still stand, why are people jumping onto my conduct and turning other cheek as to the original reason of me posting on this thread?

Is that the way everyone hunts now??or is this the way forums are now. Sticking up for each other no matter how wrong or inept you are?

I am just asking the question.

The reference to the use of AI rifles was relevant in every sense especially when i was refereed to as not living in the real world (hunting/pest control real world).

I get out shooting and hunting a lot, i still have a job to do with regards pest control. I don't feel the need to write or post a video about it.     

I think you better stick to the AirgunBBS Belarafron, regardless of what I say your going to be an argumentative twat, I'll say it how it is... I'm not sugar coating it, I was shooting rabbits to get rid of them, whilst the farmer who owns the land was driving my vehicle, on tramlines with the ground frozen and gave us the opportunity to get round, shooting from a passenger window with limited shooting angle from a defender window, with a HMR which drops them anywhere in the body...How many ran off?? I'd already snared a pile from the same area as he nearly had a heart attack with how many he watched when he looked through my thermal monocular on a previous outing, the crop damage was out to a 40 yd margin, in regard to your comments, what I see is someone who blatantly has nothing better to do with his time and doesn't live in the real world..

I hate wounding animals, but I know a HMR is fatal combined with thermal imaging, gives me rapid shooting in succession, I can shoot multiple targets quickly without worrying about range, or finding a target in the crosshairs like NV or lamp, I can shoot into hedges/grass/woodland which is difficult with other methods, over 70% of them shots would be neigh on impossible with NV or Torch light... I want to eradicate the rabbits, not play a game were I turn up every sunday and pop a few with head shots whilst the rest run off, or explain to the farmer I'm waiting for a headshot, and shoot 20% of them, whilst he's watching my monitor in the vehicle,  its not early season where you have that luxury, I've shot thousands upon thousands of rabbits head shot when I wanted to sell them....

To rub salt in your wounds, I swapped the thermal scope from my Airgun which is was fitted to it for ratting to my HMR and moved it to my other saved zero setting (HMR), but the move probably changed the POI slightly which I didn't check, although it dropped them still..

in fact I have no idea why I'm explaining myself to you.... 

In response to your multiple postings about me in other forums, that didn't go as well as you thought.and your quote.

"All it takes for evil to prevail, is for good men to stand by and do nothing"

Stop killing animals, stop shooting all together , shotgun or rifle theres always a chance of a miss, always..... then turn vegan ,  holy one...

Enjoy life in the perfect lane..

Whatever mate......you carry on with your shoddy ethics.

Your not justifying yourself to me! do you think i am stupid? Your justifying your actions to everyone else who has seen your video and has been following this thread.

As for my multiple postings....i was defending my actions of calling your shooting out. Clearly some people thought my actions were far worse than yours. I wonder why? 

If you go back to the HW Forum you will see that it goes the right way.

See you from the perfect lane......in my world! 

Edited by Belarafron