Facebook programming society?

I gave Facebook a go when it first came out but quickly discovered it it wasnt for me I'm quite selfish I really don't care what other people are doing plus I found it very invasive. ..This article is no supprise to me I've always felt there's a bigger agenda behind this type of social media it seems the eager masses are easily reformed and controlled. ...do yourselves and your families and society a favour and ditch Facebook  and similar social media. ... please read  http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/blogs-trending-42322746

• Like 1

its all look at me bollocks on Facebook.i haven't bothered with it for about 3yrs.

As for all that selfie pic bullshit.i can't get my head around that at all.

I've never taken a selfie in my life and don't plan on doing in the future.

It's as if people have an over welming urge for people to like them.

And they put loads of pics of them selves and there family's 

We are doing this and we are here etc.

I think it's quite sad really.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
16 minutes ago, king said:

its all look at me bollocks on Facebook.i haven't bothered with it for about 3yrs.

my misses is always doing selfies and facebook this facebook that. simple trip to the shops has to involve a pic of something just to put on face book. WTF

i agree its does appear to be sad.

society is changing and imo not for the best.  my misses is a facebook addict 

1 minute ago, trigger2 said:

my misses is always doing selfies and facebook this facebook that. simple trip to the shops has to involve a pic of something just to put on face book. WTF

i agree its does appear to be sad.

society is changing and imo not for the best. 

I have to admit I do like watching heartbeat.

Not for the story's or the acting but for the old feel about it all.old cars clothes etc.no internet or feck all else.

I do wish I was born and lived in them days and not in today's society.

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, king said:

As distasteful as the vanity squad are there not the real problem infact you could say they are the victims they are the ones desperately looking for acceptance that they get in buckets full ...just as long as the don't stray from the narrative being pushed on them  this is how the control from way up high works .

4 minutes ago, kanny said:

As distasteful as the vanity squad are there not the real problem infact you could say they are the victims they are the ones desperately looking for acceptance that they get in buckets full ...just as long as the don't stray from the narrative being pushed on them  this is how the control from way up high works .

The only people who need to accept me kanny is the wife and our 3 lads.

My wife has the same attitude towards Facebook as me.sje thinks it's a load of bollocks Aswell.

I have no urge to tell what are in fact mostly strangers.what I'm upto.

Realistically why should I feel the need to.its a strange old thing that Facebook.

• Like 1

I always thought it was for kids, but there all off out enjoying themselves, most of the stuff I see is about people my age bring there soul on there , sad really , I do find it usefull for local pages to my village , things like stuff going on at the library & the community centre, up & coming roadworks & bus diversions, and we as a village have each others backs when shit happens, there has been a recent increase here in house break-ins so its good to get a heads up  :thumbs:.

I get to hear when the litter picks are taking place so we can keep it tidy as well so its great for that 

• Like 2
7 minutes ago, W. Katchum said:

The same way ianb has bought himself a small island with the proceeds of this site

But he only invites the mods , its making it a exclusive  mad house  reclusive  retreat  

• Haha 1