Does anyone else put on a few extra pounds this time of year?

I do - always have :yes:

......... Then it drops back to normal in the new year.

I'm an active person and, my job is very physical but, there's so many nice things to eat and treats. Yes, they're there all year but, I just seem to crave it in the winter :yes:

A new butcher has just moved in near where I work.

........... The other night I had a 1 1/2" think rib eye steak with home made 3 times fried chips, onion rings and eggs - it was bloody lovely, the steak had a slightly creamy flavour :good:

I've got some chicken parcels, pork sausages and goat in the freezer.

.......... I plan to go back in the next couple of days - I want a steak as big as my plate and some stilton :yes:

I love this time of year :thumbs:

IMG_20171208_165918.jpg

• Like 4

As I,ve said before we may think we are superior  but underneath everything we are still a basic mammal, and like all mammals it's our body,s job to store fat for the cold months, we are also more tired because it's natural to sleeping more like all British mammals they don't hibernate just sleep for long periods to conserve energy as  in nature there is less food around in winter so why expend energy looking for food that's not there when you can just sleep, we can also consume around 3000 calories just to stay warm if we never had central heating, so scram up and enjoy it 

• Like 1

Yes cause i gourge myself on the xmas chocolate and eat more puddings than i woukd any other time of the year.

Its all laid out to tempt you and im more than happy to oblige. Its only once a year and its gives you a wee goal to take it back off by spring.

Tell you one c**t who wont this year. Max clifford.hes losing it as we speak lol

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Jonjon79 said:

I do - always have :yes:

......... Then it drops back to normal in the new year.

I'm an active person and, my job is very physical but, there's so many nice things to eat and treats. Yes, they're there all year but, I just seem to crave it in the winter :yes:

A new butcher has just moved in near where I work.

........... The other night I had a 1 1/2" think rib eye steak with home made 3 times fried chips, onion rings and eggs - it was bloody lovely, the steak had a slightly creamy flavour :good:

I've got some chicken parcels, pork sausages and goat in the freezer.

.......... I plan to go back in the next couple of days - I want a steak as big as my plate and some stilton :yes:

I love this time of year :thumbs:

IMG_20171208_165918.jpg

very nice that, but rather have mushrooms   than onion rings  but thats just me .

• Like 2

Days are shorter & sun is lower. Im less active, started taking vit D last winter as seemed to feel better when the winter sun was out, havent felt the need to take it so far this year, but generally my head is in a better place, grafting this morning and the splitting logs for a bit this afternoon till it got dark.

Work will set you free! ('pparently)

• Like 2