Hw 95 spring replacement

Hi has anybody fitted a number eight Titan mainspring to the hw95 it's listed as the correct spring, haven't got a problem cutting it down and finishing it off but the original HW spring guide is too tight a fit, most aftermarket spring guides fit the original Springs not the Titan would it be a case of getting one made up, how has anybody gone about this, I thought about putting it in a Chuck and sanding it till it fits but it will make the wall on the spring guide to thin any help would be much appreciated cheers

Cheers lads, I've used a few dropping kits in the past, but the last one I did I used a Titan spring fortunately my dad is an engineer and he made me my last spring guide and top hat spring guide out of stainless and top hat out of Bronze, I found it much better quality than the dropping and the gun shoots sweet, i didn't want to pester him again to make me some more but as it's Christmas I'm going to pester him, what it is is the listed Titan spring for a hw95 is the number eight, but with the internal diameter of the spring and the hole for the piston rod would make the wall of a spring guide too thin, anyway I have been advised that the number five Titan spring is the one to use for the 95, Titan Springs chart sizes for air guns are all over the place, the number five spring is better suited to the 95 then the number eight spring as Titan suggest,

Id get a wonky donkey kit as mentioned by villaman from dave price give everything a good careful Polish and clean then lightly lube the piston with bum slide from TBT tuning topped off with a carefully sized vortek piston seal - Perfect combination!

• Like 1
  • 2 months later...