Wellies

Can any of y'all recommend a decent set of thermal wellies that you use in the field or know of...

Always used me timberlands and two pairs of socks like but bloody hell do my feet get cold, especially today. Had to give in and bugger off home. They're just not cutting it. Need to invest in some better footwear. 

Nice one.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Give these a go Rez

By the way Si ,,,,you and your fecking car my new van would not start yesterday needs new glow plugs thats what i get for laughing atvbjimmy

Here we go again, wish there was an ultimate best wellie rhread?    Cheers, D.

Posted Images

If you're out there long enough, your feet will always get cold - we move slow and stand still a lot when hunting - nothing will stop the cold creeping in eventually.

I use rubber wellies that are issued to the railway lads and, 2 pairs of good socks - my feet stay dry in all sorts of shit but, in this weather, my toes are numb within a couple of hours.

I've got  a pair of Aigle, neoprene lined rubber wellies that keep me feet warm pal. Granted, I wear some thick wellies socks too but they are the warmest wellies I've owned for shooting in ??

My mate who's out a lot lamping Charlie swears by Ie Chameau wellies?

20 minutes ago, mattwhite said:

I've got  a pair of Aigle, neoprene lined rubber wellies that keep me feet warm pal. Granted, I wear some thick wellies socks too but they are the warmest wellies I've owned for shooting in ??

My mate who's out a lot lamping Charlie swears by Ie Chameau wellies?

I had a pair of those aigle, I thought they were the dampest coldest boots I've ever owned.

i bought a pair of these muck boots, arctic sport.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B017UE5KLC/ref=asc_df_B017UE5KLC48340438/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=22110&creativeASIN=B017UE5KLC&linkCode=df0&hvadid=208209669357&hvpos=1o1&hvnetw=g&hvrand=5015031867663722850&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=&hvdev=t&hvdvcmdl=&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=1006506&hvtargid=pla-336598615667

they are almost too warm.

i don't often suffer with cold feet but the Mrs does, she says they are toasty warm and never had cold feet in them.

I have had so many different wellies and boots for both fishing and shooting and two years ago I decided to splash the cash and buy a pair of wellies that I have been thinking about for some time...........................................the dogs doo daaa's, total comfort, walk miles in them and toast in the cold or in water.

https://www.lechameau.com/gb/vierzonord-neoprene-boot.html?c=280

Sod the price...............................treat yourself, it's CHRISTMAS

Phil

Hi Rez, I am on my second pair of Buckler Buckbootz.  1473936864BBZ6000BL_2.jpg

You can also get them in green

My first pair leaked after being chewed by pigs, it is the company I keep. I have been more wary since then and my second and current have lasted much longer, about 18 months so far.

They aren't cheap at about £80 on average, though mine have a steel toe and shank, so a cheaper model will probably suit you better. 

They are cosy warm and snug, so no leaving them behind and trudging through mud in your socks.

You can take comfort in that these are made in Scotland, not China like most of the competition.

I usually wear out a pair of wellies in less than a year but these show no sign of weakening. When they finally break, I will source some more.

Problem with wellys is as you walk they act like bellows and blow the hot air out and suck cold air in. Even if you got good socks yer feet still get cold. My Mrs bought me a pair of water proof leather boots from Country Wide Stores, they were closing down in Bridgwater. Didn't think much of them at first but they haven't let any water in yet, are extremely comfortable and the have a tie around the top. If I do it up nice and tight it keeps the heat in and me feet stay nice an' toasty........good times :-)

2 minutes ago, si brown said:

the majority of lads at work wear muck boots like vm and rabbid, you can order them from screw fix for £69

ive got some for work rated to -25 mega comfy but yellow:laugh:

By the way Si ,,,,you and your fecking car

my new van would not start yesterday

needs new glow plugs

thats what i get for laughing

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2