Posion laws ?

I work for a small town council as a handy man , some residents have complained about rats around the duck pond ( people feed ducks way to much) any way one of the councillors told me to put a posion box down , I told him I don't think am allowed as it's a public place? He told me they always used to and that if I did not do it he'd be upset, I put my foot down and sed no , was I right? Do I need to be qualified? What if some kids get to the bait ?   

10 hours ago, vfr400boy said:

I work for a small town council as a handy man , some residents have complained about rats around the duck pond ( people feed ducks way to much) any way one of the councillors told me to put a posion box down , I told him I don't think am allowed as it's a public place? He told me they always used to and that if I did not do it he'd be upset, I put my foot down and sed no , was I right? Do I need to be qualified? What if some kids get to the bait ?   

Mate you would be totally liable if anything untoward happened, you did right to walk away. Youd need a cert and decent insurance for starters, plus youd need to know which "poisons" your allowed to put down. Tell the councillor to get his hand in the kitty and get someone who knows to do it on the scene.

• Like 2

Does your work place insure you to use poisons?. Have you been trained to use poisons?. If it goes tits up this is what'll be asked. If you answer 'no' then you haven't shown due diligence and you'll be libel. If this bloke wants poison put down so badly tell him to do it as he's had the same amount of training as you have.

On 09/12/2017 at 20:25, vfr400boy said:

Thanks for the replys, I thought I was in the right ! But was not 100% sure, were just a small council with only a town Clark , grave digger, and me employed, so they would have to pay for a pest man , thanks again 

Fck me I just cracked up thinking about you 3 sat round a table discussing what to do about the rats..... 

"why can't the fckin grave digger do it" 

???

• Like 1

That's prity much peat ! He's worked and lived in the cemetery for 50 years never had a day off sick  or a holiday in his life although he did go for a night in the next village for his honeymoon but he sed it was expensive at £1 a night ! Ha 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2