Gate nets.

king

For a genuine net for the hares, you are best off contacting a man who will fashion one to your specifications...

If you just want a short, stop net for the rabbits, to set in gaps or ditches, most commercially produced nets will catch you plenty...:thumbs:

• Like 2

I gave a mate some purse nets for his mate  feed back was he was happy with them could i do a gate net   I asked for the old 12 foot gates or the new 18 foot gates, two and a eighth  for rabbits or 3" mesh for hares   what material  spun nylon or  double meshed 4 z  My mate says you taking the pish  i will phone you back  :laugh: next phone call rings or sliders  :laugh:

In Net making for sport Howard Glynn says they should be 10 to 12 foot long  but gates got bigger but says it should be 5 foot wide ?  i put 25  three inch meshes so it will be but it seems a bit excessive ?.

• Haha 1
14 minutes ago, Phil Lloyd said:

:hmm:Howard visited me, prior to penning his Net Making book...

I found him to be a very nice man,...I do believe he was a Ladies Hairdresser...:thumbs:

.................English teacher in the UAE?

6 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Netrigger is ye man, if ye can get hold of him an twist his arm into making ye one then ye won’t get better:)

I can't find the member search function.does netrigger still come on here katchum.

1 hour ago, mackem said:

.................English teacher in the UAE?

Aye, you might well be right,..he possibly laid down his scissors and took a different career path,...truth is,  it all seems a lifetime ago.:yes:

Good luck to the wee guy, wherever he has ended up...:victory: