On ‎15‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 09:54, Born Hunter said:

TBH mate, anything past 150 with even the 17 is starting to push the limits. 200 is very doable but it's usually unnecessary, as you can almost always get into 150 or 100. The exception seems to be crows sat out in the middle of 100 acres of winter wheat, LOL. But for rabbits, >150 is usually just an excuse to say you have.

If you genuinely need a regular 200 yard rifle then you probably want to think about a small centre-fire.

:thumbs:

I have used rimfire past 150 several times, BUT I'd absolutely go with the above!

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

TBH mate, anything past 150 with even the 17 is starting to push the limits. 200 is very doable but it's usually unnecessary, as you can almost always get into 150 or 100. The exception seems to be cr

These bunnies were were shot with my CZ .17 if you hit them in the head they don't resemble Road kill but a body shot I get where Meece is coming from I've owned mine for 8 years from new I love it th

If we're only talking small game of rabbit size then do you really think the increased bullet weight of the 22mag over the 17 has any significant effect. The fast and frangible 17 is devastating imo.

Posted Images

On 09/12/2017 at 20:29, BaldMan said:

Shot 22lr for last thirty odd years or so , used correctly quiet cheap accurate capable round , owned .17 Hmr for a while noisy , expensive rounds , mixed feelings on accuracy , sold it when i had a misfire and a round became stuck in the barrel ( google HMR misfires )  . i was not overly impressed with the HMR prefer .22  . Rather than Hmr i would  pick .22 Hornet . I am sure many will disagree with me , but those are my thoughts .

I love my hornet. Does everything that the hmr does plus a lot more, for me anyway.

• Like 1

As with any caliber they all have there uses step outside its capability and you run the risk of not being fair to your quarry, every caliber has its pro's and cons do your research before deciding to buy a rifle and stick to the right distances it can constantly and accurately kill humanly,all of us at times strive to get that really long shot pushing the caliber well beyond what we knowing should, just so we can say we did. 

• Thanks 1