Why I love National Hunt Racing.

people might change their mind about the racing industry in ireland if they were to read BLACK HORSE INSIDE COOLMORE.this book is probably the best sports book if you can call it one ive ever read,this is the book coolmore tried to get banned.

10 hours ago, stonewall said:

people might change their mind about the racing industry in ireland if they were to read BLACK HORSE INSIDE COOLMORE.this book is probably the best sports book if you can call it one ive ever read,this is the book coolmore tried to get banned.

My daughter works in the bloodstock industry and does it all for the love of horses. Last week she had two days off, she went to the sales !!!

It's an industry that employs thousands in Ireland and no anti journalists or authors are going to damage that. Just like Jack Kennedy in that clip where he risks breaking his neck they all do it for the love of horses, not the money. How many people can say they go to work for the love of the job not the money ??

• Like 1
2 hours ago, neil cooney said:

My daughter works in the bloodstock industry and does it all for the love of horses. Last week she had two days off, she went to the sales !!!

It's an industry that employs thousands in Ireland and no anti journalists or authors are going to damage that. Just like Jack Kennedy in that clip where he risks breaking his neck they all do it for the love of horses, not the money. How many people can say they go to work for the love of the job not the money ??

you should read this book.i know plenty of lads that have gone through coolmore its not all a bed of roses,i work around horses going on  40 plus yrs.i agree it employs 1000s of people but do youself a favor just read the book,and make up your own mind.

1 hour ago, delboy_187 said:

Jack will be as big as macoy in my mind and win more great talent and drive . . Watched many of the clips on his ponie racing ..... give him a donkey an he'll get it over the line ..  . . Kennedy  + elliot =???

No doubt about it Jack is a rising star who we haven't seen the best of yet, (mind you we said that about Bryan Cooper) and I don't know if he'll be another A.P. but he will go to the top.

1 hour ago, stonewall said:

you should read this book.i know plenty of lads that have gone through coolmore its not all a bed of roses,i work around horses going on  40 plus yrs.i agree it employs 1000s of people but do youself a favor just read the book,and make up your own mind.

Truth be told there's about 50 books here on horse racing and I've only read a couple of them. Because I've met plenty of trainers and jockeys I don't particularly want to read about folk I meet on a weekly basis. Nor do I want to read a book that's obviously biased against Coolmore. Everyone knows that Coolmore is a conveyor belt for horses and workers and that the horse comes first. But if you go down to the smallest stable in the country the horse comes first too. The way it should be IMO.

Does the book mention the good Coolmore does too and how it's one of Ireland biggest ambassadors ? Anywhere or anyone as successful as Coolmore or Ballydoyle will always have it's critics and those who try to make profit by bad mouthing them. It's usually jealousy.

2 hours ago, neil cooney said:

Truth be told there's about 50 books here on horse racing and I've only read a couple of them. Because I've met plenty of trainers and jockeys I don't particularly want to read about folk I meet on a weekly basis. Nor do I want to read a book that's obviously biased against Coolmore. Everyone knows that Coolmore is a conveyor belt for horses and workers and that the horse comes first. But if you go down to the smallest stable in the country the horse comes first too. The way it should be IMO.

Does the book mention the good Coolmore does too and how it's one of Ireland biggest ambassadors ? Anywhere or anyone as successful as Coolmore or Ballydoyle will always have it's critics and those who try to make profit by bad mouthing them. It's usually jealousy.

it dose mention how great coolmore is and what it stands for, and how it has become a top breeding stud that has cornered the global  breeding market   that make millions off stud fees and prize money.but that only one side of the story,iam surprised how narrow minded your coming across read the book.ill say no more about it now,you can bring a horse to water but you cant make him drink. 

• Like 1