Highgate flapping track.

Just heard that this flapping track is sett to close another piece of working class history gone in this area of s.yorks.I have some fond memorys of this place that has seen some caractures through the gates over the years as no doubt a few members on here will as well.

• Sad 1

Was sad to see them in decline up here aswell. Yea i myself have very fond memories of the flapping tracks. Practically grew up in them.

Every sunday aswell we were taking some dog or other for a trial.  Trying to think of a name off the cuff when they qualified lol

remember calling one bitch. "Wee regal" cause i smoked Embassy fags not the king size.

Aye its sad they have went the way of so many of our old pastimes! Guess its just to be expected.

• Like 2

Me n Stewie/lurcher1 rescued a young greyhound and traced where he was from his tattoos to a old boy from Barnsley went up to meet him n that took us here was great night came back with another bitch that was fast but didn' like the traps she worked well while she was alive as well. Real shame see these places close real shame old Frank his name took us to his house his Mrs fed us great little trip that were

Edited by staffs riffraff
  • Like 1