Any clues ?

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or died of shame

This always becomes an interesting topic , 1 which I'm interested in even though if I had too bet on big cat / cats being here I'd say no but that's just my opinion which proves / means nothing , Grey

Easy 

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Fcuk me he's lost some weight since the first photo!

The first pic is literally just skin he has been turned inside out the second pic is hanging out the skin, I did have to move it around and twist it about a bit, the 80s furry boots are were its been rolled down his leg, pretty cool find and my first of the winter 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, Rabid said:

I found these right on the edge of one of my spinneys.

IMG_0474.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0424.JPG

That's a good fresh one, do you have any idea what happened to it, is its stomach nearby, looks like it met a simular end to my badger, it's normally from September onwards that I find them, as it coincides with the culprit moving from open land into cover for winter and as with any big preditor removing the lesser preditors first both fills your belly and makes for an easy winter thanks for sharing cheers 

Hole in the head  = 22 rim fire /dog tooth 

stomach not been eaten = badgers and foxes don't always eat stomachs 

plus dont  big cats when they kill go for the stomach ? I thought in the wild most big animals brought down by cats are normally eaten alive and they start on the stomach because it's soft and easy ? 

5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

That print of rabids clearly has nails. It's a dog.

As for the badger, it looks to have been eaten by other badgers.

Cats also have nails that they keep retracted unless walking in mud or snow, so don't write them off for the claws, the three lobes on the back pad are far more confirmation than claws, another simple test I do when I,m out is to make a cross on the pad inside the outer toes if the cross does not touch the rear pad its canine if you can't make a cross without going over the rear pad probably a cat, simple, also the badger being killed by other badgers would carry some weight due to the time of year etc but not with a single bite right down through its skull it should have signs on its face, these are tough creatures which can and do scrap like feck 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Navek said:

Hole in the head  = 22 rim fire /dog tooth 

stomach not been eaten = badgers and foxes don't always eat stomachs 

plus dont  big cats when they kill go for the stomach ? I thought in the wild most big animals brought down by cats are normally eaten alive and they start on the stomach because it's soft and easy ? 

Will show you the hole later, but no exit wound and no bullet inside, cats eat organs not stomach it gets moved to one side, then eaten by fox,s and badgers