Co op cant do good for doing wrong

My mother in law throws stuff out the day before it's 'out of date' ! I've tried and tried to get her to see sense, but she won't have it - seems convinced that fresh tomatoes turn toxic at midnight on the specified day ! :blink:

We will happily use dry goods and tins that are supposedly months past their prime. Even with chilled meat, I prefer to trust my nose - if in doubt, see if the dog will eat it.......a dog can smell "off" long before we can.

Truth be told, nothing much stays in my fridge long enough to go off !

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trusting our nose and eyes kept humans from eating rotten food for 1000s of years before sell by dates were invented!

Co op have started selling out of sale by date food for 10p. Think its a great idea and will certainly help famlies below the bread line and give them a wee helping hand. Of course health an

Aldi have said they will clear there shelves when they close on Christmas Eve, donating it to local charity's.    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/aldi-food-christmas-eve-give-

10 hours ago, Blackbriar said:

My mother in law throws stuff out the day before it's 'out of date' ! I've tried and tried to get her to see sense, but she won't have it - seems convinced that fresh tomatoes turn toxic at midnight on the specified day ! :blink:

We will happily use dry goods and tins that are supposedly months past their prime. Even with chilled meat, I prefer to trust my nose - if in doubt, see if the dog will eat it.......a dog can smell "off" long before we can.

Truth be told, nothing much stays in my fridge long enough to go off !

I wouldn' trust the dog theory mate .Mine will eat meat that' well iffy 

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, foxdropper said:

I wouldn' trust the dog theory mate .Mine will eat meat that' well iffy 

Aye I've had mutts that actually prefer their meat a bit "ripe", definitely well beyond the point where I'd eat it.

I read it was only food past it's sell by date and not it's use by date and nothing perishable, so I don't see a problem. 

Safeway used to do it years ago. I can remember my Mum looking at the clock on a Saturday afternoon so she could nip round there last thing and buy a load of bashed in tins and going out of date bread.

2 hours ago, cragman said:

The co op are antis so on that basis  I won’t be using their shite ? 

I would hazard a guess and say Pretty much all of them if i asked would say they are against it. PC world ans Profit is fore front in any decisions or opinions they have You would live a very frugal life if you boycotted all who were anti.

However i respect youre stance and im certainly not defending the co op. Personally most of these anti comments and stances by big companies is towards fox hunting. Which i have no problem with but they c**ts around me never liked nor supported lurcher owners saw us as undesirables and theifs.

So i really Cant have any sympathy for the majority of the stuck up c**ts. Only time they wanted support from others in the hunting community when there past time was under threat.

I only speak for myself and my own expierence with hunts btw just the way i saw it. 

I mostly shop in morrrisons and im sure if i done a quick search i bet they also would have made some anti comment. 

What you have to remember meat wise is that most stuff you buy from a supermarket is as old as the hills anyway.

Used to do a roaring trade on the market in low code grub and drinks......f**k all wrong with it.

• Like 1