Co op cant do good for doing wrong

Co op have started selling out of sale by date food for 10p.

Think its a great idea and will certainly help famlies below the bread line and give them a wee helping hand.

Of course health and safety food standards have just had to get there big f***ing stick in this scheme. 

Saying its not a good idea and they will be monitoring the situation. Their nose will be out of joint cause the co op didn't consult them.

All we get is millions of tonnes of food go to landfill and we as consumers should do our bit. Now when someone does they get slated. 

Its not like the co op are going to off load rotting food.

you know to eat it the day you buy it. Hope the co op tells them to f**k off!

• Like 8

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Trusting our nose and eyes kept humans from eating rotten food for 1000s of years before sell by dates were invented!

Co op have started selling out of sale by date food for 10p. Think its a great idea and will certainly help famlies below the bread line and give them a wee helping hand. Of course health an

Aldi have said they will clear there shelves when they close on Christmas Eve, donating it to local charity's.    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/aldi-food-christmas-eve-give-

8 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Co op have started selling out of sale by date food for 10p.

Think its a great idea and will certainly help famlies below the bread line and give them a wee helping hand.

Of course health and safety food standards have just had to get there big f***ing stick in this scheme. 

Saying its not a good idea and they will be monitoring the situation. Their nose will be out of joint cause the co op didn't consult them.

All we get is millions of tonnes of food go to landfill and we as consumers should do our bit. Now when someone does they get slated. 

Its not like the co op are going to off load rotting food.

you know to eat it the day you buy it. Hope the co op tells them to f**k off!

Never had you down as an avid co op fan, go co op 

Incredible amount of food wastage in the average UK store,a mate works behind the scene in a largish tesco,notice on the staff notice board a few years ago congratulating everyone that the monetary value of wastage that week had dipped below a certain level (enough to buy a small family car) sounds incredible?Its true!They had a compactor etc at the rear of the store.I live in a reasonably nice area yet still see lots of folks shopping around 9pm'ish to get reduced items,times truly are hard for some and if helping them out means 10 pence items then well done Co-op,out of date for some items is simply a guideline not a deadline,I would b e the first to buy them if I was skirt,I read online about freganism,some kid went into the bins at the back of M&S and Marks and Sparks had poured blue dye on the waste food to stop dumpster divers,M&S went down in my estimations when I read that.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

M&S shame on you!

Yea i worked for tesco as a teenager.  I remember them throwing jars of roses into the compactor  as they were out of date.

Didn't even let the staff have them. Although me and another lad climbed in and filled our pockets lol

Just got to be sensible,I've eaten sausages bought from a butcher use by date was the 1/12 they smelt fine so in the oven they went,

parents used to find boxes of Kipling cakes in cupboard they forgotten about be month out of date ,an while they were not as fresh as they could been they were fine,

some of the stuff with dates like flour/salt /spices etc makes me laugh as years ago it spent ages on a sail boat crossing oceans before it reached the country let alone before it got sold to who ever would eat it.

12 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Just got to be sensible,I've eaten sausages bought from a butcher use by date was the 1/12 they smelt fine so in the oven they went,

parents used to find boxes of Kipling cakes in cupboard they forgotten about be month out of date ,an while they were not as fresh as they could been they were fine,

some of the stuff with dates like flour/salt /spices etc makes me laugh as years ago it spent ages on a sail boat crossing oceans before it reached the country let alone before it got sold to who ever would eat it.

After donuts get a bit hard chuck them in mic for 30 seconds . Softens them up lovely . Be warned of the lava filling tho 

• Like 1