Where to start?

2 hours ago, Joe_byrd said:

Nahh I can promise you all that I’m not a troll, don’t see the point in wasting peoples time for no reason, just genuinely want to get into hunting but not sure where to start it all, and as I’m so young (only being 19) I haven’t got the connections or knowledge someone Older than myself may have so it’s very interesting to learn about various things and gain knowledge I didn’t have before, like before joining I’d never even heard about using ferrets to hunt and now that is a piece of knowledge I have gained that I may be able to use in the forthcoming future 

I was a bit younger than you but basically in the same position. You'll find what you want with enough drive and a few folks to point you in the right direction. Not everyone is born into it or taken out by their dad from a young age.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree born. I started beating as a kid and not just my meat lol Funniky  enough it was a keeper who had chased me off his land on a few occasions. Then one day got talking to him and asked me wha

You could also do a bit of beating on a shoot.  Also if you got space get a couple ferrets and a handfull of nets.  Best of luck lad

I reckon that last line is probably the best bit of advice so far! lol   You'll find most of us started messing about with hunting at a pretty young age, jumping the fence with a ferret and