Parallax

If your Parallax is not correctly set, your point of aim will change every shot unless your head and eye position is identical, Adjusting it for each range will take out the effect of the crosshairs moving when you slightly move your head. Sharp focus is just a nice byproduct. There are tons of videos on Youtube that will explain better. There's nothing wrong with fixed Parallax scopes.

• Like 1

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just kidding   It's all to do with focus at different ranges - a multipurpose set up that could be used, for example, for rats at 10yrds and rabbits at 45yrds, will give a better sight pictu

Also to add the better quality the glass, the less you have to worry about parallax generally, for instance I have a none AO Nikon scope on my .243 I am just as happy shooting at a fox 35 yards away a

Keeping this as basic and simple as I can. Paralax is about THE ANGLE AT WHICH YOU SEE AN OBJECT (IE. YOUR TARGET), RELATIVE TO YOUR POSITION AND DISTANCE TO IT..   Or in this case, the

Posted Images

Parallax is where the image you're looking at is not focused in the same place inside the tube as the Reticle. It shows itself when you move your head slightly, the cross hairs seem to move, and you appear to be looking around the cross hairs. The more the parallax is out, the more the cross hairs seem to move. You should set your parallax on your scope to whatever range you are shooting at (either the large barrel at the front of the scope or the left hand turret. These settings however are only a rough guide. Next you look through the scope and move your head slightly left and right, checking for reticle movement. If it moves, gradually adjust your parallax until the reticle doesn't move. At this point, the Parallax is properly set and the image should be pin sharp.

• Confused 1