New stick as a gift

Wow. Following a gift from Sussex some time ago, I've finally made a stick that is at the least interesting.hopefully Simon will be pleased. The idea was a reptile head using crushed velvet as the eyes and a discreet inlay of ebony as eye slits. Hope you like. Jok.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 4

Yes mate. Took a little time  and the inlays a little longer but it used a an unusual and probably useless bit of antler. Sussex gifted me the antler around a year ago and to be honest I wasn't sure where to go with it. As I mentioned earlier I have also been gifted a couple of Irish coins  from Adam  and have cut the horn ready for mounting. The end r exult is what you see. It feels good to the thumb, nice and light and topical.jok.

Glad you are back safe and sound mate. We just got back from a sad occasion in Mablethorpe and to be honest I could've believe the traffic. Why does everyone have a death wish?? Anyway. Yes finished and I'm quite pleased. It feels good in the hand which is a good sign. I had to guess the length of shaft. Think now going to Buzzards Valley We'd/Thurs so either meet you there or yours. Jok.

Hero Simon. Glad you are pleased. Heather and I had a lovely time and enjoyed Buzzards Valley. Now then. I have the keeper and my mate here for a glass and explained about the Toll. They are very keen as am I. What if anything would you want us to do now. I also went home via Elford and the Home Farm. Didn't see anyone but will go again. Jok.

• 3 weeks later...