You can only catch whats there!!

This morning we were entering uncharted ground, last season we were just finishing a bank off when a chap approached us, he told us the usual bullshite..... Iv had millions off here, there are loads here there and everywhere, so we decidede to have a look at we're he suggested, more out of curiosity than anything else, nothing ventured nothing gained and all that. I had two late bred kits and two I got off iworkwhippets off here so away we went, the first sett I saw a rabbit drop to ground so longnets round and young kits entered they gave this warren a good coat of looking at, resulting in two in the bag one of them resurfaced with fur mittens on image.thumb.jpg.752c625de8bd8f83f39e61b103d689c2.jpg

once I caught my ferreting partner up he had two in the bag, so far so good, there was plenty of signs of rabbits but nothing using the few holes we came across, I just followed the lurcher round until a mark was found, image.thumb.jpg.d67ecd6ffa42d4811ce46962e6653512.jpg

the is no mistaking her mark, I used both pairs of Jill's throughout the day bolting a few, the lurcher caught the odd one, we finished the  day with two digs both a couple of feet deep through compact stone, I was more than impressed with the young kit I dug too, she had the rabbit head on and made short work of it, the future looks good for this one image.thumb.jpg.611d207b65c44b8e49f52578b7efdc1d.jpg

all these kits have been fed is rabbit so I suppose it's engrained in her..... Rabbit rabbit rabbit that's all they know, we ended on 20 not the amount we have been catching lately but you can only catch what's there. Until next week neil b image.thumb.jpg.4d65e843b710207b6951143d77ac6813.jpg

• Like 8

I love guys like that we just started on a new permission and a 4x4 comes racing down  you got permission to be here ?  i said yes and next door he took the huff when the dog bolted a rabbit along a fence line and said you will get F*ck all i got 24 last week and spun away  .He had been snaring it we ferreted it got a nice bag and two of his snares that he'd left and there where cattle in the field  . I heard the farmer put him off for driving over his lawn at the big house :laugh::laugh:

• Like 1