army dogs put down

the Gov/army is putting army dogs down.  I think that it is pretty bad treatment for these dogs that have saved many men from bombs and ambushes. They've served too well to come back and be put down.  There is a simple petition that you can sign and comment of the disgusting treatment they are getting.  There are army handlers that have offered to take care of them. Here is a link to the petition set up by ex SAS.  All you got to do is put your name and email address to show that you are a real person. The poor devils don't deserve this sort of treatment. all for the price of a bit of care and dog food for them.

https://www.change.org/p/defence-animal-centre-save-our-veteran-dogs

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I’ll ask you one question  would you be happy living with your kids next door to a Belgian mallnois that’s been shifted around the country indeed the world , used by various levels of  handlers ,

Lol  where would you put them ?  Where are the homes for these dogs? 

Yep.......I have only ever re-homed 2 dogs. 1 to a stranger that luckily went well and the other to a bloke I’d trust with my life. Other than that I wouldn’t do it because I don’t think it’

8 hours ago, THE STIFFMEISTER said:

Lol 

where would you put them ? 

Where are the homes for these dogs? 

If you have a read. This is about the fourth line down >>> Experienced handlers have come forward to say they want to house the much-loved dogs, who have helped save hundreds of lives.

• Like 1
24 minutes ago, Meece said:

If you have a read. This is about the fourth line down >>> Experienced handlers have come forward to say they want to house the much-loved dogs, who have helped save hundreds of lives.

It should be set in stone, once they reach the end of active service they should be passed onto retirement homing solutions

dj

It is good they are saved.  But I think dogs that have done that sort of work and been through what maybe they have need experienced handlers and luckily these have been found.
I saw a picture on another forum some where of a big pile of dogs like them that had been destroyed once the private security firms contract had finished. Not nice at all 

8 hours ago, terryd said:

here is the link not good at all :( Shit life being a dog some times 

https://www.snopes.com/photographs-show-dozens-dead-dogs-kuwait/

Not even going to click on that link Terry, to think we can get persecuted and prosecuted for running rabits and foxes and these companies can train dogs to do their work then be culled when the works over, sickens me. The reward these dogs get for saving lives is losing their own? BULLSHIT AND SHAMEFUL

• Like 1
13 hours ago, keepdiggin said:

Use them as guard dogs in prisons 

Couldn't agree more, Prison service police serve or surely they could be re loated within the armed forces as security dogs on military bases?????

you have to think with your head and not your heart in this job , they are one man dogs , .maybe not suitable for rehoming . should they be destroyed ? not sure one could say theydeserve to live the rest of there natural life in relative confort .but these are active working dog,bieng shut in a kennell maybe isnt the right thing for them either ...

• Like 3
8 hours ago, riohog said:

you have to think with your head and not your heart in this job , they are one man dogs , .maybe not suitable for rehoming . should they be destroyed ? not sure one could say theydeserve to live the rest of there natural life in relative confort .but these are active working dog,bieng shut in a kennell maybe isnt the right thing for them either ...

Wonder how many lurchers and terriers have earned a rug in front of the fire having give their all for years? I know of a few.

Lets not make the mistake of thinking anybody can offer these dogs a home they can't, but experienced handlers can and they have offered a home for these dogs. Sounds like a solution has been found, unless of course the powers to be don't want a solution.

I went to a dog trainer the other weekend. It was a birthday present off my daughters. Not quite sure what they were trying to tell me :laugh: Any way the fella came around the corner with a stunning mal by his side. Never seen so much confidence and enthusiasm it was all revved up staring at me. Think it thought I was going to be the target of the day lol. Even at 7 years old it didn't look the type for a sedate life in front of the fire. Hope it works out for the dogs involved anyway