Show your guns

1 hour ago, biriuck said:

Yes, a primer. Their argument was that this could be used to ignite an explosive device. Soooo stupid! If a licensed hunter could use a primer for an explosive device then he could easily obtain some from a factory made cartridge ;) Also, the power of artificial fertilizers is already proven for the crazy people that will want to build a bomb. 

Some of these laws make so little sense, you couldn’t make it up.?

• Like 1

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An old lady from '62 (Gebruder Merkel Suhl, 16/70) used for almost anything from quail to wild boar  My favorite rifle for stalking deer/chamois - a Brno 22f from '49, 7x57 The m

A couple of pics of my Mossberg 500 8 shot on pt1 showing the safety catch slide that I made from steel when the nylon one broke across the screw hole.  I have posted this pic for the benefit of Wombl

Posted Images

We mustn't mention the B word or else big brother will be marking  us up as terrorists.  The stupidity in all of this is that any amount of laws can be passed but criminals dont follow rules and laws. It wouldnt  take much time or thought for me to make one of those B devices using freely available chemicals and either mechanical  or electrical means. Its about like when auto shotguns  were reduced down to 3 shot. How did the reduction of a coupe of shots in the mag make any difference to anything? Laws !

• 2 weeks later...

A victor Sarasqueta 6EC that I bought new many years ago. an under rated quality gun imported by Parker Hale back when.  For many years I just couldn't hit with it but then it sort of clicked and I shoot very well with it.

196_9639.JPG

196_9631.JPG

• Like 1

Back when I was at school, I had a Webley junior 177 over lever air pistol. The barrel wasn't rifled and it wasn't the most accurate tool. It wasn't exactly a 45 magnum eithet. Mostly its prey were those big black tarantula spiders that get in the house from time to time. The bullet was a matchstick backed up by either a bit of cotton wool or bog paper. This projectile didnt wreck the wallpaper or plaster and mum didn't  get on to us. Too much, because she didn't like them. Oddly my brother pulled off a real fluke shot on a mouse about 30 paces away in the ditch at the end of the garden.

• Like 1
On 29/04/2018 at 09:23, biriuck said:

Brno 22F in 7x57 vs. Mannlicher Schönauer in 6.5x54. Brno tried to copy the design but with a Mauser action. They did a good job but now, when I'm able to compare them side by side, I could tell that the Mannlicher action is smoother . The sights are identical,  the trigger group also identical, Brno has a longer barrel (and this is making it well balanced for my size)  and I prefer the bolt handle position of ZB. 

Such a little beauty :D 

IMG_20180427_155423.thumb.jpg.5c7eb392c89ceef11faa5e2c3fca0e4b.jpg

The old lady at work  :D 

On 14/05/2018 at 17:25, biriuck said:

Yes, a primer. Their argument was that this could be used to ignite an explosive device. Soooo stupid! If a licensed hunter could use a primer for an explosive device then he could easily obtain some from a factory made cartridge ;) Also, the power of artificial fertilizers is already proven for the crazy people that will want to build a bomb. 

Yeah no-ones banned farming, yet......

Don't fancy the gardeners chances though.