Show your guns

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

An old lady from '62 (Gebruder Merkel Suhl, 16/70) used for almost anything from quail to wild boar  My favorite rifle for stalking deer/chamois - a Brno 22f from '49, 7x57 The m

A couple of pics of my Mossberg 500 8 shot on pt1 showing the safety catch slide that I made from steel when the nylon one broke across the screw hole.  I have posted this pic for the benefit of Wombl

Posted Images

The American don't think that we are allowed guns. And that we are all subservient to those who tell us what to do, think or say. Most of them aren't allowed to have or use silencers and they are not allowed to night shoot, so they haven't got any night vision ?

Edited by Meece
46 minutes ago, Meece said:

The American don't think that we are allowed guns. And that we are all subservient to those who tell us what to do, think or say. Most of them aren't allowed to have or use silencers and they are not allowed to night shoot, so they haven't got any night vision ?

You were saying...

LOL

• Like 1

I stand by what I wrote. American shooters have lots of local rules that would seem Draconian over here. The vast majority of states have heavy rules on silencers and full automatic weapons. This is why they use bump stocks over there. The guys in this video are professional hunter guides doing hog clearance for a living. There are videos of blokes using machine guns out of helicopters slaughtering animals that can't get away. This ain't the norm for the general hunter in the US. I didn't realise how pernickerty some of their local laws are such as carrying guns in the front of vehicles along with ammunition. In some places the wildlife rangers set out dummy deer alongside the road so that shooters who shoot out of vehicles get caught and prosecuted for violation of hunting laws. And most Americans on their shooting websites don't think that we are allowed to have weapons over here. The pictures that have been posted on here prove that wrong.

Edited by Meece
Spelling and meaning correction. predictive text fault
  • Like 1
  • 2 weeks later...

Still looking for the tube of Bostic. the thing broke in the middle.  I might even think about putting a lastic band around it to hold it together.

Meanwhile, this is an Urgartechea 20 that I bought from Greenfields of Canterbury back in about 1973 when they were on the roundabout in the town. Back in those days 20's were a rarity and The Girlfriend >> Wife and I got fairly soaked to the skin bringing it back home on the motor bike. it's not a fancy gun but I shoot well with it and it has given me some memorable shots over the years.

192_9205.JPG

190_9028.JPG

• Like 1
On 13/12/2017 at 22:43, sussex said:

513DE9CE-684E-4E6A-917B-CD1D3CE0E22D.jpeg

23F836C0-F6A8-461E-B159-D6B3335D01E0.jpeg

How many moleskins did they have to get to make a moleskin waistcoat?

Afterthought.  I suppose it depends on the size.

Edited by Meece
  • 2 weeks later...

Years ago I  knew an old woman who had a problem with moles in her garden. She shot 20 moles on the trot at Pont blank range with a 410 short. She got worried that sooner or later She was going to mis one but I that she ran our targets before she missed any. She got rid of the moles but the lawns were like a ploughed field.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • 2 months later...

A couple of pics of my Mossberg 500 8 shot on pt1 showing the safety catch slide that I made from steel when the nylon one broke across the screw hole.  I have posted this pic for the benefit of Womble1 who has a broken slide his.

DSCN7579.JPG

DSCN7580.JPG

DSCN7581.JPG

Edited by Meece
  • Like 4