Question of a Writer

Dear Member of the Hunting Life,

I am writing an article about methodology in philosophy and want to make a very simple analogy to the hunting sport. Not being a native speaker, I am looking for the correct terminology to refer to two kinds of bullets. Namely, the kind of bullet that spreads a cloud of small particles, used to shoot birds and rabbits. Second, I am looking for the correct name used to refer to the kind of bullet used to shoot larger game. 

My dictionary does not provide me with a satisfying answer, so I hope you can help me out.

Much thanks in advance,

Reinier

Hello and welcome mate the first ones no a bullet its a cartridge that contains different sized shot for shooting animals & birds  and the second one is a bullet but try calibre in google search 

On 01/12/2017 at 03:49, Reinier H. said:

Dear Member of the Hunting Life,

I am writing an article about methodology in philosophy and want to make a very simple analogy to the hunting sport. Not being a native speaker, I am looking for the correct terminology to refer to two kinds of bullets. Namely, the kind of bullet that spreads a cloud of small particles, used to shoot birds and rabbits. Second, I am looking for the correct name used to refer to the kind of bullet used to shoot larger game. 

My dictionary does not provide me with a satisfying answer, so I hope you can help me out.

Much thanks in advance,

Reinier

Surely they use shotgun cartridges and shoot deer and boar with large calibre bullets in Spain? Won't need a dictionary if you ask a Spaniard.

All the best and good luck.