Jagd's, are there any breeders on here?

37 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

We're are the good ones Chesney?  Because a lot of folks on here talk pretty good but at the end of the day it's all about the money. There is a couple folks on here that talk like there not peddlers but get pretty upset when an American won't or can't buy one of there dog's. Pretty sad to claim you have great dogs but try and sell them across the pond and then get upset if they don't want them!  Well if there dogs or pups we're that good then they shouldn't get upset if they don't come here because if they we're that good you shouldn't have a problem finding them a working home there.. 98% of so called dog men will sell there dogs not gift them.  

You abviously live in a different world of terrierman than us. I can assure you if I tried selling one my digging buddies our pups I would get my skull craic of the concrete and never dig again. Selling pups sure does happen too but not 98% a the time that's ridiculous.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Ptd87 said:

I had a jagd up until recently. Was a 2yr old bitch, no idea of lines/breeding etc.i wanted one because they're nice looking.. No more no less... I gave her to my best mate (who still has her) as she was so soft she wouldn't even bite a sheep if it butted her whilst I was feeding in the morning... Sounds silly but I ain't got time to save a fanny dog while I'm on a roll lol. Obviously not saying they're all soft etc but they're not the terminators some folk think they might be.  but I'm a sheep farmer not a " hunter"  so it's  just opinion

Not a jagd but this little bitch is softer than a lamb with kids but a fierce hunter on fox and feral cat,but plays with the farm cats,so you may have given up a great bitch.

20171122_134207.jpg

• Like 2

Best fox dog I ever owned was a little red bitch that at the start of every season was to rough for her own good but would settle after three are four digs would still be mute but worked them with a better style, in six seasons I never seen her rag a fox above the sod, she'd barely give it a sniff. Never judge an earth dog by how it behaves above ground judge it by how it behaves below.

• Like 9
7 hours ago, howdeeposxxt said:

You abviously live in a different world of terrierman than us. I can assure you if I tried selling one my digging buddies our pups I would get my skull craic of the concrete and never dig again. Selling pups sure does happen too but not 98% a the time that's ridiculous.

Sorry but most do sell there pup's.  Yeah you may give them to your partners but you gonna give a stranger one? And if you have 3 left and that stranger wanted one will you give it or sell it?  Probably sell it. And the excuse for selling it will be, he's not part of my circle..and it' no different from were you live to over here. 

5 hours ago, Ace Boone coon said:

Sorry but most do sell there pup's.  Yeah you may give them to your partners but you gonna give a stranger one? And if you have 3 left and that stranger wanted one will you give it or sell it?  Probably sell it. And the excuse for selling it will be, he's not part of my circle..and it' no different from were you live to over here. 

Your very one minded Ace. It's clear who you have been hanging around with. I'd hate to be in your situation.As I have said I agree buying and selling goes on I've seen it myself but not anyway near as often as you have. If we have pups we gift em among each other.We all dig regularly with each other, I had a bitch that had 10 pups all went for 00000.00000$. Most worked out now I'm getting feedback eveyweeknd and in time if I need a service to improve our stuff it's there. Some things money can't buy.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 1
19 minutes ago, Ace Boone coon said:

That's right!  Somethings money can't buy!  I friends not folks I have to buy dogs from.. But the truth is many sell there dog's

Many do that is true and many don't it depends on your situation. If your in the predicament that you have to buy to get a pup it can be done, but guys that are digging and have their own terriers for years do not need to do such a thing. Plenty a these guys around too that will give young man coming on a pup for nothing, but be wary of whom these pups go too if for free or not. It's usually the pups bought go too any old sod imo the ones gifted are are more tought of in who they go too.

On 02/12/2017 at 12:18, chesney said:

There still a few decent lads about that's just in it for the good of the working dog there a lad not to far from me breeding his own and keeping it amongst diging lads between them all in it for work and it seems ta be going well for him dogs get plenty graft and anything that's gifted out is to working homes man can't be faulted there.

Way it should be mate, to many so called dog men just looking for £ notes and nothing more. Im looking for a bedlington bitch but litters iv seen have only been bred for the £400 pounds they are asking for not to keep a good line going. 

• Like 1
  • 1 month later...