Check these bad boys out .

On 30/11/2017 at 19:02, Outback 1 said:

I have emailed the guy to se if we could get some over here , I recon if we could get enough interest on here and do a group buy .

ATB 

And any reply to that ?

its an interesting idea, one I had toyed with before, but after reading the comments posted, it seems they are too hit and miss size wise, which would make sense and correlate with my findings of differing head sizes suiting different barrels, that problem would be multiplied by using a solid slug.

I would still be interested in trying a batch in a few of our rifles, who knows, may even find one that suits.

I have past this link on to a guy that is set up for importing and could set this up , and waiting for his comments . I need a 5.52 head size so if the imperial sizing would allow this also may be his lead type and tolerances would make it a runner .

His comments are he has tried these through a list of rifles . 

Well, these are quite close and available here, what is more, I have a tin in .25 which I tested through my Impact at 47fpe........................................fcuking shocking groups, by far the worst on test by a country mile. I was lucky if I emptied the mag at 25mt and kept most of them on a postcard size.

http://voymir.com/hn-25/370-hn-grizzly-airgun-pellets-cal-25-635mm-150pcs-4047058018461.html

Perhaps the ones on test with Matt far much much better than the crap I have.

Phil

22 minutes ago, philpot said:

Well, these are quite close and available here, what is more, I have a tin in .25 which I tested through my Impact at 47fpe........................................fcuking shocking groups, by far the worst on test by a country mile. I was lucky if I emptied the mag at 25mt and kept most of them on a postcard size.

http://voymir.com/hn-25/370-hn-grizzly-airgun-pellets-cal-25-635mm-150pcs-4047058018461.html

Perhaps the ones on test with Matt far much much better than the crap I have.

Phil

You've just reminded me I think I have a tin of those lodged in some back corner of a drawer, couldn't have been much good for me or they would be getting used.

My main concern is a solid slug down a choked barrel, skirts have some give, solid slugs won't.

What this guy is doing is hand making this and he is saying he is using a certain type of lead ( its all explained in his text) which can form to the rifling contour and give a bearing surface like a bullet .

I hope my guy gets his act together and goes for it , or I will buy a pack for my self and give them a run .

toolebox / do read any Nathan Foster articles ...

ATB