Is This The New Stoat Trap?

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe, the MK4 will put on enough muscle,... to effect a stay of execution

You are correct Eddie,...times are a' changing... What we did do, and what we had best be seen to be doing now, is destined to become the order of the day... This fecking Stoat thing is ridi

You may be right about the centre baffle and grey squirrel, although perhaps that could be modified. If the aim of the baffle is just to slow down a fast moving stoat so that the strike bar hits it th

19 minutes ago, EDDIE B said:

I  think that they be too expensive to be effective in the numbers required  on a large estate another thing is that the stoat is already in the trap ,so why not just shut a door.

• Like 1
53 minutes ago, micky said:

I  think that they be too expensive to be effective in the numbers required  on a large estate another thing is that the stoat is already in the trap ,so why not just shut a door.

True micky. At first glance I don't like them. Think they look rather flimsy,  and springs don't look very powerful. Now maybe that's a bit unfair,  seen as I haven't seen one in the flesh, but I doubt there anywhere near the power of a Doc.

I think i got everything but the price , any ideas what that will be ?  Is there as much problems with stoats as there was i seem to be seeing less you hardly bolt them while ferreting these days  are they only a problem  with shoots rearing birds ?.

1 hour ago, The one said:

I think i got everything but the price , any ideas what that will be ?  Is there as much problems with stoats as there was i seem to be seeing less you hardly bolt them while ferreting these days  are they only a problem  with shoots rearing birds ?.

I'm sure in area's where rabbit numbers have plummeted, so too have stoat numbers. Been a few years now since I've seen one. Been a few years since I've seen a decent number of rabbits come to think of it.

Edited to add. The email address is at the end of the video, for enquiries. Might email them later for prices.

Edited by EDDIE B
  • Like 1

Used to pick up a few block trapping burrows but of late the lurcher grabbed one  flying out a burrow  been the only one ive saw and i couldn't justify  spending loads  changing over traps . All he talks about in the film is stoats are the traps that specific  there only for stoats  ?.

6 hours ago, The one said:

Used to pick up a few block trapping burrows but of late the lurcher grabbed one  flying out a burrow  been the only one ive saw and i couldn't justify  spending loads  changing over traps . All he talks about in the film is stoats are the traps that specific  there only for stoats  ?.

I'm sure they can be used for other species, but the trap was obviously designed with stoat in mind, considering that their will be a demand for said trap if or when the MK4 is banned for use on stoat.

2 hours ago, Phil Lloyd said:

Maybe, the MK4 will put on enough muscle,... to effect a stay of execution:thumbs:

Yes indeed. :yes: That would be the ideal outcome. It's size and design of the Fenn, that makes it so versatile. A trap with a built in cubby, makes it bulky and unsuitable for certain situations. You mIght as well just use the Doc 150, as this Tully Trap. Their design actually looks pretty similar to the Doc IMO. Whether the price difference is kinder than the Doc, we shale have to see.

By the way, a little more muscle in the MK6 wouldn't be a bad thing either.

• Like 1
On 03/12/2017 at 10:54, The one said:

Well I sent a nice friendly email regarding the price of the Tully Trap. Not that I'd ever have a need to buy any, for stoat are protected here. More so out of nosiness I suppose lol. 

Anyway, got a very friendly reply stating  that price is not quite finalised, but that they are looking at around £25 plus vat per trap. They will only be selling by the pallet, and although they will be available from other trapping supply outlets, there is nothing finalised yet.

Anyway, that's it lads. Get out the cheque books! :laugh: