Brexit Thread Redux

4 hours ago, WILF said:

I think that reporter has a point, I do think there was a certain amount of grandstanding by Varadkar.

Seeing him stood up there with Junker or whoever it was was as cringeworthy as when Blair used to stand next to Bush on those podiums looking like a pet dog.

And I definitely think there was more than a little bit of “giving the UK one in the eye” for old times sake.

I think Leo is doing a good job on brexit for this island. Fine Gael got an 11 point jump in the polls on the back of it. I think you're way off the mark Wilf.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

Just now, JohnGalway said:

I think Leo is doing a good job on brexit for this island. Fine Gael got an 11 point jump in the polls on the back of it. I think you're way off the mark Wilf.

Fair enough mate, it was only the way I viewed it which as we all know, don’t actually make it the case :thumbs:

• Like 1
2 hours ago, WILF said:

Fair enough mate, it was only the way I viewed it which as we all know, don’t actually make it the case :thumbs:

Sure he has no intention of giving the UK one in the eye....johngalway is bang on there.....now if you said one in the ass??????

Edited by VOON
  • Haha 1

Chancellor Philip Hammond attacks Donald Trump's tax cuts

In a highly-provocative move, the Chancellor has teamed up with four other European finance ministers to claim US tax cuts could start a trade war.

Along with his counterparts in France, Germany, Italy and Spain, Mr Hammond has put his name to a hard-hitting letter to US Treasury Secretary Steven Mnuchin.

In the letter, which runs to three pages, the five European ministers express their "significant concerns" about the President's tax changes "having a major distortive impact on international trade".

They also claim Mr Trump's proposed changes could contravene World Trade Organisation (WTO) rules and America's own tax guidelines.

Mr Hammond's decision to sign the letter will be seen as hugely controversial, since it risks angering the President at a time when the UK is trying to strengthen its post-Brexit trade links with the US.

The fact that the pro-Remain Chancellor has joined forces with colleagues from leading EU countries to attack tax cuts is also likely to infuriate right-wing Eurosceptic Tory MPs who already want him sacked.

https://news.sky.com/story/chancellor-philip-hammond-attacks-donald-trumps-tax-cuts-11167263

That will go down well with Donnie, sure to help when it comes to trade talks with the US after Brexit!

And so it starts huh, UK ministers buttering their arsehole for European politicians.......just because them c**ts want to rob all their citizens blind and waste it don’t mean Trump has to join in.

I wonder if you can claim political asylum in the USA? Lol

• Thanks 1
  • 4 weeks later...

Former UKIP leader Nigel Farage says he is close to backing a second EU referendum to end the "whinging and whining" of anti-Brexit campaigners.

Mr Farage told Channel 5's The Wright Stuff a fresh vote could "kill off" the Remain campaign for a generation.

He said "the percentage that would vote to leave next time would be very much bigger than it was last time round".

Pro-EU campaigners welcomed his comment, claiming "support is growing" for another referendum.

And co-founder of the Leave.EU referendum campaign group, Arron Banks, said that to avoid sleepwalking "into a faux Brexit" people should "go back the polls and let the people shout from the rooftops their support of a true Brexit".

But Mr Farage's former UKIP colleagues dismissed his suggestion.

And Downing Street said: "We will not be having a second referendum."

Mr Farage was one of the leading figures in the Leave campaign, which won the referendum with 51.9% of votes.

That June 2016 referendum means that the UK is leaving the European Union, with the date for departure set as 29 March 2019. Negotiations are currently taking place between the UK and the EU about how things work afterwards.

During a debate about Brexit on the Channel 5 programme, Mr Farage said: "What is for certain is that the [Nick] Cleggs, the [Tony] Blairs, the [Lord] Adonises will never ever, ever, give up.

"They will go on whinging and whining and moaning all the way through this process.

"So maybe, just maybe, I'm reaching the point of thinking that we should have a second referendum on EU membership... and we may just finish the whole thing off.

"And Blair can disappear off into total obscurity."

His UKIP colleagues did not agree

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-42649214

Poor old Nige is obviously feeling a bit starved of attention :laugh:

12 minutes ago, BGD said:

is he fcuk, how many of us that voted leave are sick of hearing the cry babies still going on about stop brexit. blair and all the leaders should be made to sign an agreement that if they lose again he has to go live in exile aswell as the lefty media tabloids that are non stop with the constant lies,  they need to face facts the world has had enough of lefty loonacy uncontrolled politics and lies.  change is in the air.  if they go against an already voted for democratic vote then be prepared for gurrila war on the streets of gb

2 minutes ago, Lenmcharristar said:

is he fcuk, how many of us that voted leave are sick of hearing the cry babies still going on about stop brexit. blair and all the leaders should be made to sign an agreement that if they lose again he has to go live in exile aswell as the lefty media tabloids that are non stop with the constant lies,  they need to face facts the world has had enough of lefty loonacy uncontrolled politics and lies.  change is in the air.  if they go against an already voted for democratic vote then be prepared for gurrila war on the streets of gb

So you think we should have a second referendum now too? What are you some kind of undemocratic remoaner?! :laugh:

29 minutes ago, BGD said:

And Downing Street said: "We will not be having a second referendum."

So we are having a second refurendem then :laugh:

I can see nigel's  logic but its a dangerous game 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, BGD said:

So you think we should have a second referendum now too? What are you some kind of undemocratic remoaner?! :laugh:

lol no way, its done and should be out but I cant believe how spineless the uk gov is.  on the radio today there was a talk show saying that the dramatic reduction theres been in mod recruits, that the sergeants were shouting bullies and the kids/recruits are so easily offended these days that its alarming.  theres another lefty brainwash.

Just now, kanny said:

So we are having a second refurendem then :laugh:

I can see niggles logic but its a dangerous game 

We better hope May doesn't go on any walking holidays in the near future!!

I think he's just attention seeking plain and simple, he hasn't been in the news for a while so comes out with this controversial take knowing it'll get the right and left wing press all in a lather. All he's done is stoke the "remoaner" fires.

6 minutes ago, BGD said:

We better hope May doesn't go on any walking holidays in the near future!!

I think he's just attention seeking plain and simple, he hasn't been in the news for a while so comes out with this controversial take knowing it'll get the right and left wing press all in a lather. All he's done is stoke the "remoaner" fires.

I hate to say it but Nigel has become irrelevant really