Brexit Thread Redux

This is on par with Gordon’s Gold sale it’s a “deal” so ludicrous !!.........basically, from what I can see of it, all the EU has to do now is go home, drink coffee and eat croissant and watch telly for the next 15 odd months and at the end we will still be members of the EU except with no place at the table.

Its win/win for the EU and a massively bad deal for Britain.........well played Mrs May you f***ing cretin ! 

• Like 3

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, WILF said:

This is on par with Gordon’s Gold sale it’s a “deal” so ludicrous !!.........basically, from what I can see of it, all the EU has to do now is go home, drink coffee and eat croissant and watch telly for the next 15 odd months and at the end we will still be members of the EU except with no place at the table.

Its win/win for the EU and a massively bad deal for Britain.........well played Mrs May you f***ing cretin ! 

She says it's a great deal and we can now concentrate on the NHS, education and housing as political priorities. That would be the same NHS which, because of underfunding, presided over 120,000 excess deaths over the last several years.( According to the British Medical Association Journal.) That would be the same education service which is facing a 8% cut by 2020. The same education service which cannot attract or retain teachers and whose headteachers are taking early retirement en masse. The same housing situation which means 300,000 people slept rough last night (-5 degrees), where young couples cannot even find affordable rented accommodation, never mind hope to own their own house, and house prices are the highest in Europe. 

Nice to know you care and you're on the ball Theresa.:thumbs:

• Like 2
1 hour ago, walshie said:

She's just as spineless as Cameron. He used to go to the EU "to get a better deal", they used to tel him to f**k off and he came back saying what a good deal he had got.

I really don't understand why we have to concede anything at all. 

No offense but it's not hard to understand. The British Government, which you all elected, don't want to "just leave" and fall off a cliff as some on here would have it. They want to normalise trade and relations after brexit happens. The only way to achieve that is through negotiation with others. One cannot negotiate with oneself, and others will always protect their own interests. It's that complicated.

11 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

It's 0600 in my neck of the woods. Am I reading this right?

The status quo is kept with a £40bn fee?!

The THL answer to that would be yes 

But in reality no... I've only heard bits on the radio.. I said from the start it will take around 10 year's to fully remove ourselves and that prediction is looking about right.. Think I heard we have to keep the EU court for another 8 years.. Trade deals still to be negotiated 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, kanny said:

The THL answer to that would be yes 

But in reality no... I've only heard bits on the radio.. I said from the start it will take around 10 year's to fully remove ourselves and that prediction is looking about right.. Think I heard we have to keep the EU court for another 8 years.. Trade deals still to be negotiated 

You wouldn't need trade deals if it was a free market which it's not! 

46 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

It's 0600 in my neck of the woods. Am I reading this right?

The status quo is kept with a £40bn fee?!

As I see it, not at the moment but that’s where it will end up.

Britain pretty much stays a member except in name and the British government  get to lay the blame for not delivering a real Brexit at the door of Brussells......everyone’s a winner........except the poor c**ts that voted “out” of course.

Edited by WILF
2 hours ago, JohnGalway said:

No offense but it's not hard to understand. The British Government, which you all elected, don't want to "just leave" and fall off a cliff as some on here would have it. They want to normalise trade and relations after brexit happens. The only way to achieve that is through negotiation with others. One cannot negotiate with oneself, and others will always protect their own interests. It's that complicated.

It IS hard to understand actually. Giving in to EU demands in return for little isn't negotiating. It's being browbeaten by the people we wanted to get away from. 

17 hours ago, kanny said:

I think a number of votes in total would be a much better system than the seats won system we have now ...it would give smaller parties a fighting chance to gain seats  that would be one of the first things I'd change .

We had a chance at reforming the electoral system and threw it away. Admittedly AV was a shitty option but it was a stepping stone to better things but now whenever the argument for reform comes up the result of that referendum can be waved around as proof there's no appetite for change.

How did you vote in the AV referendum out of interest?

• Like 1
28 minutes ago, BGD said:

We had a chance at reforming the electoral system and threw it away. Admittedly AV was a shitty option but it was a stepping stone to better things but now whenever the argument for reform comes up the result of that referendum can be waved around as proof there's no appetite for change.

How did you vote in the AV referendum out of interest?

Good point mate, hands up, to my eternal shame I voted to keep things as they are in that vote.........what a f***ing tit I was !

it was when I still read newspapers and watched the news and before I started to educate myself and really think about this stuff.

I was still idiotic enough to beleive that politicians cared about the electorate and the country.........I’ll never make that mistake again.

I totally bought into all that “it will be the Lib Dem’s in power all the time” bollocks.

See, I thought Blair was just a bad dream and simply voting Tory would put an end to that nonsense.......how f***ing stupid was I ?!!!

Things carried on just the same and in many cases worse.

Never again, fool me once shame on you......fool me twice, shame on me ;)

Edited by WILF
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
1 hour ago, WILF said:

Good point mate, hands up, to my eternal shame I voted to keep things as they are in that vote.........what a f***ing tit I was !

it was when I still read newspapers and watched the news and before I started to educate myself and really think about this stuff.

I was still idiotic enough to beleive that politicians cared about the electorate and the country.........I’ll never make that mistake again.

I totally bought into all that “it will be the Lib Dem’s in power all the time” bollocks.

See, I thought Blair was just a bad dream and simply voting Tory would put an end to that nonsense.......how f***ing stupid was I ?!!!

Things carried on just the same and in many cases worse.

Never again, fool me once shame on you......fool me twice, shame on me ;)

A lot of folk were fooled the same pal, I even had folk telling me they were voting against it just to stick it to Clegg over the tuition fees debacle! A once in a generation opportunity pissed away :no:

Remember the ads? "He needs new body armour not a new voting system" with a pic of sad soldier. Well he got fecking neither did he!!

At least you've learnt from it and can admit your mistake though, hat is off to you for that :thumbs:

Voting for Cameron thinking it'd be an end to Blairism though... I bet you wish you could go back and give yourself a slap!! :laugh:

Edited by BGD
  • Haha 1
3 hours ago, walshie said:

It IS hard to understand actually. Giving in to EU demands in return for little isn't negotiating. It's being browbeaten by the people we wanted to get away from. 

Lol, how do you justify the UK's lack of negotiating ability being the EU's fault? No one forced ye to do anything. The difficulty for the brexiteer is in admitting they want the EU goodies like SM access and to achieve that they must compromise on other things.

What happened to the bluster of walking away? They need us more than we need them etc.