Brexit Thread Redux

Just now, ChrisJones said:

I'll agree with that with a slight change in terminology. Anglo American relations are good but the current administration doesn't have your back. Yet.

Without doom-mongering I believe that a spiteful group of europhiles will try and scuttle Britain's economy. Purposely.

I think they will too because they have to, they can’t let it be seen that leaving can work.......I just don’t think they will succeed.

They have not managed for the last few millennia, not reason to think they can do it now.

• Replies 738
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I genuinely think it’s more simple than that mate, almost to a man none of them want to leave this massive and very lucrative club for people just like themselves and they have found the way to f**k o

All this could have been avoided, if the EU had had the brains to throw that prick Cameron a bone when he was asking for a different deal for the UK, there never would have been a referendum. The

I had a conversation in the week with a bloke I do business with. He phones up sounding like he is going to be shot at dawn and tells me that another associate has taken over a dealership so now

Posted Images

Welfare state and nhs is just another excuse to rob us blind Dave and feed the drug companies and banks 

20 minutes ago, BGD said:

What's positive or "glass half full" about saying things are so terrible now they couldn't possible get worse and the only way to fix them is to burn it all down and punish folk with a few years of suffering before starting again? :huh: Folk losing their jobs and homes and struggling to put food on the table is the medicine the country needs and the only way to fix things according to you, not much positive or optimistic about that really is there?

I'd say the positive, "glass half full" position to take is that things are bad and we should work towards making them better without the whole burning things down and suffering thing.

Mate I ain't had my bin emptied for 2 weeks ...it's just not on the country is feckt lol .....how can you make thing better without expelling the shower of shite that are running the job in the first place the whole political system is fixed how do you  fix it without burning it down and starting again  and please don't say vote because it doesn't work if all parties are basically the same its flawed and rotten from top to bottom mate . ..what's your answers?  

2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Without doom-mongering I believe that a spiteful group of europhiles will try and scuttle Britain's economy. Purposely.

I believe the same which does nothing but make me more willing to take risk.

Also, everyone is talking as though brexit is the only option that has risk associated. Every option has a risk associated. Brexit risks the economy, remain risks our democracy.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

That chapter has yet to be written.

My humble opinion my friend is that there is nothing new in this world, socio/political situations are playing on a constant loop.....the details just differ a little.

4 minutes ago, kanny said:

Welfare state and nhs is just another excuse to rob us blind Dave and feed the drug companies and banks 

Mate I ain't had my bin emptied for 2 weeks ...it's just not on the country is feckt lol .....how can you make thing better without expelling the shower of shite that are running the job in the first place the whole political system is fixed how do you  fix it without burning it down and starting again  and please don't say vote because it doesn't work if all parties are basically the same its flawed and rotten from top to bottom mate . ..what's your answers?  

The point of that post.

Your head.

:laugh:

As for your bin not being emptied well thank the cuts to local government funding. How was your collection service before those cuts were enacted? :hmm:

So now you're not calling for us to walk away from Brexit negotiations you're calling for violent revolution. What do you want to replace the current system with if democracy doesn't  work?

1 minute ago, Born Hunter said:

Also, everyone is talking as though brexit is the only option that has risk associated. Every option has a risk associated. Brexit risks the economy, remain risks our democracy.

Absolutely. It's no longer a case of should we take the risk it's now a case of how do we minimize the risk and make a secondary and tertiary contingency for when that risk might require a last-minute swerve? Plan A never survives the first contact and despite my morning wanderings around the world wide web GT seems to be the only place discussing such a quandary! :D

3 minutes ago, WILF said:

My humble opinion my friend is that there is nothing new in this world, socio/political situations are playing on a constant loop.....the details just differ a little.

Fair comment but it's which loop we'll ultimately cycle with that is peeking my, and I'm sure your curiosity. We're simply speculating on whether the glass is half full, half empty, or dumped out for another liquid. :thumbs:

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Born Hunter said:

The result of remaining in the EU is what we have been witnessing for the last few years, utter chaos, financially, economically, civil unrest the list goes on.  That's what the EU offers.

That's what we gain from staying.

That's why the UK will leave. The administration just now is a kite in the wind, but the UK will leave. 

9 minutes ago, BGD said:

The point of that post.

Your head.

:laugh:

As for your bin not being emptied well thank the cuts to local government funding. How was your collection service before those cuts were enacted? :hmm:

So now you're not calling for us to walk away from Brexit negotiations you're calling for violent revolution. What do you want to replace the current system with if democracy doesn't  work?

We haven't got a true democracy that's the problem 

3 minutes ago, Neobliviscaris1776 said:

The result of remaining in the EU is what we have been witnessing for the last few years, utter chaos, financially, economically, civil unrest the list goes on.  That's what the EU offers.

That's what we gain from staying.

That's why the UK will leave. The administration just now is a kite in the wind, but the UK will leave. 

I get what you are saying but i honestly dont think you can say you know what remaining will be. Frankly id predict it would be far worse than that, they're all minor things in comparison. But it's still mearly a prediction and risk assessment.

3 minutes ago, kanny said:

We haven't got a true democracy that's the problem 

True democracy is mob rule, I don't think anyone would willingly opt for that. The reason Britain doesn't have a decent democracy is that everyone is an online activist and that I believe is because pretty much everyone born in the last 70 years hasn't had to actually fight for their liberty. These issues are considered too boring and ultimately become someone else's problem while... oh look I'm A Celebrity Get Me Off The Beaches Of Normandy is on.

• Like 1
9 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

Absolutely. It's no longer a case of should we take the risk it's now a case of how do we minimize the risk and make a secondary and tertiary contingency for when that risk might require a last-minute swerve? Plan A never survives the first contact and despite my morning wanderings around the world wide web GT seems to be the only place discussing such a quandary! :D

I'm not sure there's a great deal to discuss anymore. We (UK & EU) can't even agree on what the EU demand as the fundamentals.

Can we really expect very much? This is paradigm shifting stuff, none of em really have much of a clue. The only ones that might are still considered fringe politicians. That seems to be the way politics works, we have to pull the pin out of the grenade and toss it before anyone takes any notice!

I really don't think there's much chance of a compromise to be had without basically making the whole thing a giant waste of time.

Tbh I'm far more concerned with what we do once we are out than where we will be. All this concern with our new relationship is only a small part of our future.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
2 minutes ago, ChrisJones said:

True democracy is mob rule, I don't think anyone would willingly opt for that. The reason Britain doesn't have a decent democracy is that everyone is an online activist and that I believe is because pretty much everyone born in the last 70 years hasn't had to actually fight for their liberty. These issues are considered too boring and ultimately become someone else's problem while... oh look I'm A Celebrity Get Me Off The Beaches Of Normandy is on.

What channel is that on ? The English channel! lol  .....we have been sold a illusion of democracy but the veneer is peeling people are seeing what's underneath the illusion and it stinks ....I really don't know how to fix it but I do know putting more faith in the existing establishment isn't going to work

• Haha 1