Are they there?

A farmer told me where there was a few Rabbits last week  so  i went early one morning for a look and sure enough i saw about a dozen run to the hedge from the cover of a fallen tree where they had been feeding in the half light , yesterday  i took ten traps and a bag of Peat and and had a good look around in daylight , i was surprised to see there was only four holes and they did not look to good though further up the hill was a large well used Badger sett  that was also being  used by Rabbits i left that be and went back and trapped the four holes i also set four hoops in a well trodden gateway, i got there this morning and the first thing i saw was f***ing stars  i tripped over the first snare and went flying into the gate breaking my camera in the process, no rabbits here but there was a Hare, there are a lot on this place and i let them go if i am able  but this one was gone , then down the hill to the traps ,nothing in them though one had been fired i left them in till morning but i am not very hopeful of a result.

SUNP0002.JPG

• Like 4

when i tripped and broke my camera i also caught my mouth and had to go  dentist he made a mold and i went back today and have two teeth removed and a denture fitted , a very expensive Hare.

On the way home i called in at a field where a lot of blewits grow  there was plenty there and i picked about 15 lb for my sister who will preserve them  i left the rest in the pasture for the cattle to knock over shame though they are very blue here and fetch a premium price but no market.

SUNP0023.JPG

SUNP0016.JPG

SUNP0015.JPG

• Like 1