Border collie

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I had a dog many years ago who was predominately collie , the rest whippet greyhound  I took that old dog everywhere, as in everywhere, he would wait on me at school and we’d go out, if I was pla

Litter brother to Sesku’s bitch...3/8ths greyhound 5/8ths collie...

Posted Images

31 minutes ago, colliejohn said:

I own and  work  a collie batch, she's  10 month  old, I've just  started  working  her, she is good  in cover, works with the  ferrets,  takes  feather, and she is pretty  quick. Regards  Collie John.  

That’s great to hear John,is there any chance you could keep us all updated with your progress with your collie?.

• Like 2

I'm on the side of all the above who say you need a little shot of sighthound if you're after game. Mine are all pure sheep/cattle dogs but that's simply because I prefer their temperament...they certainly don't catch enough to keep most of the people on this site happy but they make me smile.

• Like 2

Thanks Neal for your honesty,yes from what you and the other lads are saying abit of whippet or greyhound is needed if you don’t want to come home empty handed! I see David Hancock does a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound.

14 minutes ago, Str said:

Thanks Neal for your honesty,yes from what you and the other lads are saying abit of whippet or greyhound is needed if you don’t want to come home empty handed! I see David Hancock does a 3/4 collie 1/4 greyhound.

Would you go to hanncock seen some pups on his page and they looked pitiful  poor things 

4 minutes ago, cold pint said:

I would sooner do some leg work and source a decent well reared pup  from working stock before parting with 330 quid for a Hancock, 

IMG_6439.JPG.87606d9f44f3c791e4adf73529fe5f13.JPG

IMG_6440.JPG.f628caf3787d32b4ee6db9d3856af7fd.JPG

I seen them other day ,pitful looking I know you can go to people's houses and see some sights but as a registered breeder them an the conditions they are in should be top notch.

5 hours ago, nothernlite said:

Would you go to hanncock seen some pups on his page and they looked pitiful  poor things 

I've had a dog off him in the early 90s £120,he was a nice dog but he was forever lame or injured with one thing or another,he could catch rabbits though,had to have him put down after a suspected black thorn caused a massive abcess .he was about 12 mouths in pic retrieving shot rabbits.

image.jpeg

Edited by Str
4 hours ago, cold pint said:

Go check out Terry Ermans pups on his thread. His are leagues abouve these on every level.  Il say no more 

Yes I've seen them they look very nice and like has been said they make Hancocks look poor.