Out with the springer

Well, after cutting my teeth on spring rifles some 40 years ago and owning shooting most that have been around ,then moving on to pre- charged rifles and again shooting /owning most i have come full circle again and got myself a AirArms prosport .177 in walnut :) 

The rifle I purchased second hand and has been setup Nicely and also short stroked,  and shoots 8.4 jsb's at 780-787 spot on :)

After having a paper punching session last week to get back into shooting a Springer today , I visited one of my shoots to have a wander about and hopefully bag a pigeon or two and also to give my 8 month lab pup a pickup or two 

Well sat in the hide for a good while and no pigeons today but did manage a nice squirrel and a good little retrieve for  the pup , and a first of many for my prosport :)

Thoroughly  enjoyed the morning and especially enjoyed my new found love of the spring rifle 

Here's a photo of today's bag 

image.jpg

Mike :)

• Like 7

Cheers guys , I'm loving the prosport , still got my pcps but think I'll be giving this a run out for a while :) 

The walnut stock is a bit dry at the moment , so will get some oil rubbed in it ! 

image.jpg

Edited by Gamegetter
Added photo
15 minutes ago, Gamegetter said:

Cheers guys , I'm loving the prosport , still got my pcps but think I'll be giving this a run out for a while :) 

The walnut stock is a bit dry at the moment , so will get some oil rubbed in it ! 

image.jpg

Best get it in ya sig then mukka and some decent mounts... :D 

x

4 minutes ago, Gamegetter said:

Cheeky bugger !:) nowt wrong with those mounts , them be hawkes :icon_eek: say no more lol !

Mike :bye:

I know mate, only pullin ya leg. In all honesty, I know that PS hardly moves on cycle being short stroked so no need for anything more. 

Bang some images of ya MFR up then... Jesus. New un with something decent... should be how your introduce ya self... :) 

x

9 minutes ago, Rez said:

I know mate, only pullin ya leg. In all honesty, I know that PS hardly moves on cycle being short stroked so no need for anything more. 

Bang some images of ya MFR up then... Jesus. New un with something decent... should be how your introduce ya self... :) 

x

To be honest , the mounts came with the scope . Not a big fan of Hawke mounts their quality is a bit hit or miss 

The Mrs is going to get us a sports match one piece mount  for Xmas , so will swap them over . The mounts are a little high for my liking , I prefer them a little lower 

Will stick some piccys up of the various guns I have and had in the week . Had them stored on photobucket but the robbing gits want money these days for third party hosting . Need to get them removed from there 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, stecorr said:

Lovely looking rifle mate, is that a rowan butt pad on it??

Bis adjustable butt pad like the one i put on the beech stock that i converted to a left hand

for pianoman

less than half the price of a rowan one lol

atvbjimmy:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

P180311_15.42_[01].jpg

P180311_15.42.jpg