a boys day out with the harris hawks

wag

me and arnie and chrissy and jessy had a day out the other week with the birds i got alot of footage but i carnt get the video to work on here so i took some stills of the camcorder but there not so good first pic is of arnie wating for a rabbit to bolt the second pic is of chrissy and arnie with the birds chrissy is trying to locate the ferret 3rd pic is of arnies male harris jack the 4th pic is of chrissys female is hovering like a kestral at a water hen in the reeds the 5th is arnie calling jack back from a flight on a mallardthe 6th is my male sat on the spade the 7th is arnie walking a tree linr withe jack to see if he can flush owt

post-10209-1198436251.jpg

post-10209-1198436270.jpg

post-10209-1198436405.jpg

post-10209-1198436425.jpg

post-10209-1198436470.jpg

post-10209-1198436281.jpg

post-10209-1198436453.jpg

post-10209-1198437026.jpg

Did you get owt?

yes sorry about the pics i got them in a moodle the harris sat on the spade is my male harris , yes we got a couple of rabbits ,a couple of pheasants, and something else if i rember i think arines male also caught a water chicken (moorhen)

regards wag :thumbs:

well done wag, some nice pics there, my mate horris's female had a good crack on a mallard today, it only just escaped her clutched :wallbash:

we had a good flight with both birds on a rabbit,and that too made its great escape :doh:

its not all about catching, its the quality of the flight :thumbs:

i know what you mean bullet, we had loads of flights on pheasants, ducks. on the day we walked miles there was some top flights both males gave it there all that day. the female of chrissys was just learning, she hadnt had a kill then, but now shes amazing

that was a top day mate :yes::yes: thinking about it mate jack had a wood pigeon that day the moorhen was the time before :toast::toast: role on the 27th and we will have some fun on the hares :boxing::boxing::thumbs:

sorry mate, my head is a shed at the moment, thats right he got the woodie on the farm track we walked down . carnt wait until the 27th to mate. got another 400 acres to go on now with two ducks ponds on and i can do what i like on there with the birds, its a shame i wont have a bird ready in time :( but it will still be fun :D

that was a top day mate :yes::yes: thinking about it mate jack had a wood pigeon that day the moorhen was the time before :toast::toast: role on the 27th and we will have some fun on the hares :boxing::boxing::thumbs:

yes mate,i went out for a ouick lamp last night to get a hare because i forgot to get some chicks out ,and there was 31 on one field, so there looks like there will be plenty for us . got my mate tim coming out with us too with his female harris .

One things for sure!! if you run out of game to fly at there'll always be the odd Harris :whistling: , just kidding lads :laugh: ...

ATB

Jasper

theres plenty of those about jasper, ive got another one coming now its a female not for the faint hearted lol :laugh:

Brilliant stuff mate.. :thumbs: .. if i manage to get a bird going next year which is a very very strong possibility of some thing fast and evil.. :D .. i will have to have a mooch out on one of these field meet's..

Cheer's

Millet

any time millet you dont have to wait for a field meet mate you can come when you want