Best bacon brand

10 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Well that went down well. Tumbleweed drifts across the landscape as an attempt to question Mushrooms plan is pointedly ignored. Old man with humped shoulders shuffles to the door. Where is my coat ? he whines. The assembled few turn their backs. Woe is me. No likes for me on this thread. I am retiring to my bed a beaten and bitter man. Theres always tomorrow where somebody may like a post I submit. Goodnight you heartless, uncaring b*****ds. Peter Leemoch, I feel your pain.

I was far too busy & pissed to reply ?

Bacon here is not the obsession. It's jamon! Google it ;)

Ps not my plan, I have my own schemes.

Edited by mushroom

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You might not say that if you saw the Romas packing it    Cheers, D.

Well that went down well. Tumbleweed drifts across the landscape as an attempt to question Mushrooms plan is pointedly ignored. Old man with humped shoulders shuffles to the door. Where is my coat ? h

Ha ha. It's the same anywhere in the food industry. I was once working in a restaurant kitchen and the chef was a fookin nut job. Somebody complained their side of salmon was underdone so the chef pic

Posted Images

5 hours ago, sussex said:

It doesn’t  do a lot on a nice sherry trifle .... :rofl:                           Sorry it’s half three and I can’t sleep ....I’ll get me coat and go for a walk ..:sorry:

Wouldn't do much for me - I don't like trifle ! It's the jelly.........yuk !!

I did once see a recipe for the ultimate use - bacon moonshine !

22 minutes ago, mushroom said:

I was far too busy & pissed to reply ?

Bacon here is not the obsession. It's jamon! Google it ;)

Ps not my plan, I have my own schemes.

Yeah I know, you can't walk anywhere in Spain without bumping your head on dried dead pigs' legs.:laugh:. Sorry Jamon.

15 hours ago, mushroom said:

Lads the issue is it will have to be pre packed, bulk or whatever. The mercabana her (Google it) has everything but decent bacon.

He'll go direct to source ;)

you mean to the pig?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
29 minutes ago, dytkos said:

You might not say that if you saw the Romas packing it :whistling:

Cheers, D.

Ha ha. It's the same anywhere in the food industry. I was once working in a restaurant kitchen and the chef was a fookin nut job. Somebody complained their side of salmon was underdone so the chef picked it up, threw it onto the floor, spat on it and then put it back on the plate. The waiter took it back and the diner declared his salmon was just to his liking. Motto? Never complain unless you are prepared to risk gob, bogies etc being placed on your plate.

I had a row with that chef and he said he would 'f****n kill me' after work, So I waited for him in the car park as we'd agreed. Eventually he came out with a bottle of wine (which he'd nicked) gave it me and gave me a lift home. One thing I've learned about greeks, spaniards frenchies is that they fly off the handle, you think there's going to be fisticuffs and then they completely calm down. In Scotland if someone eyeballs you it means defend yourself at all times. On the continent it just means they are being theatrical.

Sorry to hijack your thread again Mushroom. From now on I am :censored:

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2
52 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Ha ha. It's the same anywhere in the food industry. I was once working in a restaurant kitchen and the chef was a fookin nut job. Somebody complained their side of salmon was underdone so the chef picked it up, threw it onto the floor, spat on it and then put it back on the plate. The waiter took it back and the diner declared his salmon was just to his liking. Motto? Never complain unless you are prepared to risk gob, bogies etc being placed on your plate.

I had a row with that chef and he said he would 'f****n kill me' after work, So I waited for him in the car park as we'd agreed. Eventually he came out with a bottle of wine (which he'd nicked) gave it me and gave me a lift home. One thing I've learned about greeks, spaniards frenchies is that they fly off the handle, you think there's going to be fisticuffs and then they completely calm down. In Scotland if someone eyeballs you it means defend yourself at all times. On the continent it just means they are being theatrical.

Sorry to hijack your thread again Mushroom. From now on I am :censored:

So fuucking true this post!

I don't even look over my shoulder anymore on a night out ?

This http://jollyhoguk.com/#jollyhogourstory

or this, https://www.dukeshillham.co.uk/sausages__bacon/bacon/20077_0c.html

but this place is without a doubt the best place I have ever been for meat of any kind. If you're near junction 24 of the M5 check it out. They even have a cafe and on Saturday mornings they have a  whole roast piglet. They cut the meat straight off the carcass and put it in the bread rolls with crackling and apple sauce.....it's the bo11ocks!https://www.pynethebutcher.co.uk/

• Like 1