section 1 firearms

i am an ex pat living in canada and i am trying to discuss uk firearm laws to canadians.

section 1 firearms now include LBP long barreled pistols and MARS rifles.

are they easy obtainable on your FAC?

i understand LBP were manufactured to circumvent the pistol ban,anyone on here have one?

what was the process getting the rozzers to let you have it

They're talking about banning MARS rifles here now, but until they do, you can buy one in whatever calibre you have a slot for as it isn't classed as a semi-auto.

As for LBP, I don't have one, but I know a couple of guys who do and they are strictly target only. I don't think you'd have a problem getting either if you were a member of a gun club that shot them. 

I've got a section 1 pump action 8shot shotgun. never had a problem with the authorities for having it or justifying having it. I use it for rabbit shooting from the back of a vehicle because of the mag capacity. Apart from club range shooting for fun, I can't see that the long barrel pistol and mars type rifles have any use or reason.

On ‎24‎/‎11‎/‎2017 at 14:32, walshie said:

They're talking about banning MARS rifles here now, but until they do, you can buy one in whatever calibre you have a slot for as it isn't classed as a semi-auto.

As for LBP, I don't have one, but I know a couple of guys who do and they are strictly target only. I don't think you'd have a problem getting either if you were a member of a gun club that shot them. 

That's the way mine is, and not to be touched by anyone else at the club either.  So a semi auto GSG1911(LBP) can only be used at the range but I can walk round the streets with my HW3 concealed! (I work for the Police H.A.D. team!)

Funny (daft) old world here in the UK regards guns.

A ban on MARS rifles is round the corner I believe!