dave platts' saracen

• Replies 182
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Had some great times with my Deerhound hybrids, back in the 1980s,...everybody had em...  

Here you are mick,sheps on the right I think,the one on the left is S.T's deerhound cross red?

Posted Images

3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Trevor Cook Cooklands deerhound. He was on here. He bought Dohertys stock and has continued with it plus working outcrosses. They all work,but I don't think he has a first cross stud dog. Just pedigree working deerhounds. He is a genuine bloke.

Speaking to Trevor a while ago he said he only breeds and works pure deerhounds, the last time he bred a litter of half crosses was 2000, there's a guy called dave from spennymoor  that breeds half crosses from Trevor's deerhounds, they both are genuine blokes.

• Like 2
3 hours ago, jukel123 said:

Do you remember the member on here who imported an Aussie stag? He used it for tracking pigs. Would that dog not suit your purposes?

Oops ignore above. Just re read your post you are not breeding a litter. 

who was the member jukel 123?

5 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye mate that’s me, only fault that dog has was too big, I’d have another, but would prefer a deerhound lurcher this time preferably with a good dose wheaten aswel, like i said there’s few years yet so I’ll do me homework haha

This type quite popular round Stafford area few the boys using them fa a good few yrs they take full spectrum teeth etc day or night .very good xs atb bunnys

7 hours ago, W. Katchum said:

Aye mate that’s me, only fault that dog has was too big, I’d have another, but would prefer a deerhound lurcher this time preferably with a good dose wheaten aswel, like i said there’s few years yet so I’ll do me homework haha

You still got it Katchum? Seen sire and dam work was never that impressed by them

7 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

Skycat can you remember this member's name? The dog did interest you at one stage and you put up a photo of the dog at my request????

Sorry, memory like a sieve! Only way you could find it is by putting stag into the search option: but that might also bring up thousands of threads about deer!

3 hours ago, Saluki246 said:

What about the deerhounds that jigsaw put up here a few days ago ?

They may be great dogs, but I'd never buy in an adult, or even a sub adult: much safer to bring a puppy into our existing pack situation.

• Like 1

Carnt comment on the working ability of D.P. deerhound hybrids as I have never seen them work but have seen how laid back they are in a people environment and no doubt they would be an easey dog to live with temprement wise I liked them as well as their owner who I have only met on a couple of occasions and found him to be a sound bloke tbh.