Not My Classic

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some stories translate better to audio or film........and some never translate well to other media. All quiet on the western front is a classic case.......the book pisses all over the cinematic v

To my list, I'd add The Beatles. Im expecting angry mobs with pitchforks any minute, but I can't stand them ! In fact, I'll tell you how much i dislike them......   There's a Xmas ad wi

I was that prick sat in a building site porta cabin canteen with a copy of Ulysses cracking on like I'd actually understood the last 50 pages!  

6 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Ok. I promised myself I wouldn't get emotionally involved with this thread.......so I'll leave it there   :laugh:

Fair enough - if you don't get emotionally involved, I won't let this degenerate into "a list of things that annoy me" !

(We'd be here til this time next week !)

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Accip74 said:

Just to keep it contemporary I'll chuck in Game of Thrones....... 

Agreed! I wondered what I was missing out on, so I bought the first book. 800 odd pages. 

I wonder what the last 796 are about. :D

Books i read as a kid that made an impression. 

Treasure island 

Moby dick 

Old man of the sea

Kidnapped 

Then i got a huge book for xmas called the 20th century  basically everything and references of major news stories. Still have it.

I have read books since. My mates you to pick up books i was reading and say "what the f**k you reading tthat for"? To educate myself lol

My parents encouraged my reading always got few books at xmas.  Im actually reading a book now about the stasi haha 

• Like 1

Some stories translate better to audio or film........and some never translate well to other media.

All quiet on the western front is a classic case.......the book pisses all over the cinematic version.

Lord Of the rings is another, you could not possibly hope to do a literary work so vast and complicated justice on film......they just wouldn’t have the budget for it.

The film was shite compared to the book 

• Like 4
42 minutes ago, scothunter said:

Books i read as a kid that made an impression. 

Treasure island 

Moby dick 

Old man of the sea

Kidnapped 

Then i got a huge book for xmas called the 20th century  basically everything and references of major news stories. Still have it.

I have read books since. My mates you to pick up books i was reading and say "what the f**k you reading tthat for"? To educate myself lol

My parents encouraged my reading always got few books at xmas.  Im actually reading a book now about the stasi haha 

Yeah that's really great, but what let you down? That's the point of the thread!  :laugh:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1