300,000 houses a year?

There’s a massive development near where I used to live called Chafford Hundred........they built really lovely houses there, blinding houses and it was a nice little community.

THEN.......Newham began shipping its population out with a mortgage handout to the tune of 25% so that it could sell the land to developers.

The place is a piss hole now, the locals call it “Chaffrica” :laugh:

10 years was all it took......10 years and that area and the surrounding areas just went down the toilet.

they are building another 24 thousand......10 years of that and another 24 thousand on the way was my cue to head for the exit.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, stumfelter said:

Saddens me when I see a housing estate on land that I used to hunt over....

It used to take me about 1 min to walk to the nearest farmers field now its a drive 

The scale of the building in recent years is scary

Great park in Gosforth is a 30 year building project

• Like 1
3 hours ago, mackem said:

Housing shortage?Planning permission?Just follow the example of the residents of southall,hounslow,slough,Hayes etc...watch the vid,that's how to create a UK slum and get away with it.We already have thousands of new homes being built in the country each and every year,it's just officialdom turn a blind eye.

IMG_2968.PNG

Thanks for posting this, an eye opener for me and I have to admit something I was unaware of. Shocking!

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, stumfelter said:

Thanks for posting this, an eye opener for me and I have to admit something I was unaware of. Shocking!

Most people are unawares mate,that's how the politicos like to keep it,out of sight out of mind,few years back the government had a publicized "crackdown" on illegals,cameras and a politician went out with an enforcement team on a dawn raid,one street,they caught either 13 or 23 I just remember it was double figure and ended in 3,fly a drone with a thermal camera over some areas I could take you to and the sheds would glow as if they were in Chernobyl .

The village that I live in has been told that the council expect to allow 450 new houses !!!!! So the first application went in and there is a woman who took the whole system on. She ran the system ragged. Stuff like nesting birds, various mammals, hedgehogs, ancient hedges ect ect. Now the village is in an area classed as an area of outstanding natural beauty. Well by the time they had been through all of the nature studies the government inspector had his tern. The first thing that came into play was "this site is in an area of outstanding natural beauty and as such can not be considered because there is no outstanding reason to permit a large scale development of this scale". Clang !!! The council and the vulture developers had run aground. This was only for a development of 27 houses. There were a few smaller starter houses in the mix which started at £325,000 !!!! Starter? There was a recent public meeting of the parish council at which a different development of 150 houses was proposed. Brainless or what? Even if it was granted the local sewage system which was installed in the 1930s can't handle any more houses and 4 pounders. I recon that to upgrade the sewage system it would cost several million. And no one wants to pay for anything like that. There's nothing worse than a 4 pounders that won't disappeared down the s bend. Today the mrs and I went pre Christmas shopping in Maidstone. We were surprised at the new estates that are being constructed everywhere. If it continues as it is there will be very few areas that will be open to centre fire rifles.

19 minutes ago, Night Walker said:

You are right saying that but why f£ck should we have to all emigrate when we all love the Britain we grew up in? It's criminal what's going on, pisses me right off!

Yes it is but I genuinely don’t see any other answer

• Like 2
5 hours ago, mackem said:

Most people are unawares mate,that's how the politicos like to keep it,out of sight out of mind,few years back the government had a publicized "crackdown" on illegals,cameras and a politician went out with an enforcement team on a dawn raid,one street,they caught either 13 or 23 I just remember it was double figure and ended in 3,fly a drone with a thermal camera over some areas I could take you to and the sheds would glow as if they were in Chernobyl .

Don't give us all this drone bunkum, everybody knows you glanced out of the window of your private helicopter on the way back to your estate after a few days up Scotland on the grouse! ??

• Haha 1