ruminations and ramblings

8 hours ago, Liamboy said:

Your right,  better holding them back a bit rather than spoil them which is done all to easily 

All done too easy in the wrong hands thats the difference in knowing when to let them prosper some are ready early, it is as you said easily spoil but it can also be a year ahead of experience in good men hands a year less experience in the wrong hands . Nothing is set in stone but I suppose common sence has too come into it.

Edited by howdeeposxxt
  • Like 4

• 4 weeks later...

Perhaps I'm not as impatient as I thought. One area I'm very patient in is washing my dogs after a dig, I find a good wash reduces the need for penicillin hugely. I use a 2 litre plant sprayer, the type you pump up, and vet scrub[a generic hibiscrub] , and as soon as possible I spray the dogs starting on the top of the head and working down, any cuts are really cleaned out this way, its also worth washing chest and feet as a bite can often go unnoticed in this area.  Its not uncommon to use a full spray on one dog if theyre very mucky,  not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but ive seen plenty lads give a real quick wash or a wipe and its better to spend a few minutes extra cleaning them in my opinion.

• Like 3
25 minutes ago, steve t said:

Perhaps I'm not as impatient as I thought. One area I'm very patient in is washing my dogs after a dig, I find a good wash reduces the need for penicillin hugely. I use a 2 litre plant sprayer, the type you pump up, and vet scrub[a generic hibiscrub] , and as soon as possible I spray the dogs starting on the top of the head and working down, any cuts are really cleaned out this way, its also worth washing chest and feet as a bite can often go unnoticed in this area.  Its not uncommon to use a full spray on one dog if theyre very mucky,  not trying to teach anyone to suck eggs but ive seen plenty lads give a real quick wash or a wipe and its better to spend a few minutes extra cleaning them in my opinion.

Never used penicillin on a dog, never needed to and i believe its because i give them a good bathe at the end of the day and maybe the day after. The dogs are better for it because if one day they do need penicillin, itll be effective.

• Like 2