Favourite sounds in the countryside.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

scooby going flat out on a freshly drilled and rolled field ! 

The roar of a panther.........

Blackbird , espaccially in springtime , wonderfull sound.

12 minutes ago, mushroom said:

Little robin following me around tweeting away ?

How did robins develop that following behaviour? Many a time you get a robin following you on a walk. The strategy obviously  works because I remember when we had those two really hard winters, the robins trained us to throw them seed on our walks. We had up to a dozen following us.

You only need to bring a spade out of the shed to have an immediate friend in the shape of a robin or blackie.

Edited by jukel123
  • Like 1
3 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Tawney owl ,yellow hammer and today I was listening to some birds in chestnut trees outside kids nursery and thought I've heard that song before an it was mixed group of tits foraging and it was the long tailed tits twittering I recognised.made me smile.

Long tailed tits, now you're talking, love the sight and sound of them working a hedgerow.

• Like 1
34 minutes ago, jukel123 said:

How did robins develop that following behaviour? Many a time you get a robin following you on a walk. The strategy obviously  works because I remember when we had those two really hard winters, the robins trained us to throw them seed on our walks. We had up to a dozen following us.

You only need to bring a spade out of the shed to have an immediate friend in the shape of a robin or blackie.

They are very clever little birds mate. They know that you walking through whatever, disturbs the insects and makes them easier prey. I've a few over here as well with exact same behaviour. My Mrs and mates think I'm barking mad, talking to them on our wanders and noting their response ?

I had one on an old perm in Blighty that I trained to come on a certain whistle. It used to sit so close, relaxed eating a few seeds or titbits I'd put on the post. Best conversation buddies ever lol they listen ;)

• Like 1