Scat identification

Not goose in my opinion. The scats are lying next to an acorn shell. This gives us some idea of scale. Goose poo is four or five times thicker than those in the photo. I think its a bird which has been feeding on blackberries or similar. Bird belonging to Blackbird family?

Edited by jukel123
10 hours ago, Welsh_red said:

I was quite impressed by the preztel shape of the turds . Almost like they were tied in knots 

That's what made me think of Blackbird. They leave pretzels like that in my garden round about August to October.  They are obviously feeding on blue berries of some description probably blackberries. If you stand in it you leave blue footprints on your paving.

4 hours ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Most hedgehog I've seen is like a pellet ,

had ferret scat look similar from a small jill.

Then maybe another small meat eating mamal the polecat, ? My hedgehogs were fed on cat food  so maybe it gave them a bigger turd the other reason I suggested hedgehog was they were prone to leave there shit in the same place like mustalids which made it quite easy to litter train them, I,m afraid my third sense which would be to open one and sniff it and examine the contents is obviously missing, but I would think if it was a small mustelid polecat/stoat or weasel it would contain lots of tiny bone and some fur were as a hedgehog would be more paste like from worms,snails and a few berry,s one of my daughters has a hedgehog family  in her garden I will pop down for a turd if the mystery continues, but I have been unable to post pics since the wonderful improvemts to the site so you may have to take my word