Getting fed up

32 minutes ago, king said:

I could go to a small field maybe 1/2 an acre with the lamp tonight and you would see upwards of 70 rabbits on there.its like a field of eyes.

When I was based in your area 25 years ago it was crawling with game ... is it the same now ??? 

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the same here. Just think though lads the places where your going and struggling to catch the last couple of rabbits what are you gonna catch next season when there's no breeding stock?

I've got to say: I was convincing myself that numbers were down after reading stuff like this but actually, numbers are just down in the places that I have been looking. I spent last few weeks trying

Hasn't been rabbits in my area for 25 years but pockets are appearing back again until some clowns go out and spend every day for 3 weeks ferreting them out . Old boys too in their 60,s wouldn't you t

35 minutes ago, king said:

I could go to a small field maybe 1/2 an acre with the lamp tonight and you would see upwards of 70 rabbits on there.its like a field of eyes.

Where's this ? Post code would be useful lol .

14 minutes ago, socks said:

When I was based in your area 25 years ago it was crawling with game ... is it the same now ??? 

Bunnys still everywhere where you were based ken.ive moved 20 miles from the base now.and I've only seen 1 rabbit all season.there's a few big rabbits around here so the bull x has got to get a push on lol.

Where i am based there is plenty of hares and we don't bother them. On a nights lamping on bogland I would see at least 20 or 30 but every year the coursing club nets them up and legally they are meant to release them back in same area.  Do they fcuk they release them in a different area. They are a bunch of blood sucking leechs. I often thought of making a giant Hare stew to piss them off but what would that prove. They think they own the hares but are based  15 mile away. They regularly offer me 100 quid for a live hare but my answer is ?

The rabbiting game is getting  harder  and in my opinion  I can't  see it getting  any better the larger  population of  rabbit  numbers  seems to be up Yorkshire  on the large sporting  estates, the  rest of  country  their  in small pockets, I believe the  lurcher game is f****d it,s getting  harder and  harder each year, I,ve been  very fortunate  over  the years  to have ferreted  and  lamped all over the British  Isles, and probably  saw  and experienced the better  years  of the rabbiting game, nowadays like  many others  I struggle  has well to find the numbers, the dogs  i keep now are Dan who has more  collie in him than a first cross and a collie bitch which bushes and who I have for  ferreting with, I,m to going breed  these two in a year or two and that's the  type of dog I will be  keeping. Regards  Collie John.

• Like 1