Getting fed up

44 minutes ago, forest of dean redneck said:

Bugger all round here,only talking about it last week.

I truly believe the rabbit could become a bit of a scarcity in the uk, look at the population boom of buzzards,badgers foxes etc

then airgunners ,summer lurcher hunters they can only go on for so long.

thats without Mixy an the other disease?

It all adds up mate im not sure what else it can be. I have 1 spot local i go to mostly to walk the dogs and always a carcas of a rabbit left behind from the buzzards or hawks about there.

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's the same here. Just think though lads the places where your going and struggling to catch the last couple of rabbits what are you gonna catch next season when there's no breeding stock?

I've got to say: I was convincing myself that numbers were down after reading stuff like this but actually, numbers are just down in the places that I have been looking. I spent last few weeks trying

Hasn't been rabbits in my area for 25 years but pockets are appearing back again until some clowns go out and spend every day for 3 weeks ferreting them out . Old boys too in their 60,s wouldn't you t

Same for me to lads, day after day, week after week, month after month im out with my dog, in fact ive not long been in, and where once I could guarantee a bunny or 2 , theres nowt doing, to say im pissed off is an under statement, but its my dog I feel for, early 1950s ive been at it its in my blood, had some fantastic times, so has the day come , when all I can do is reflect back, I was considering another pup, mainly company for my existing do,  but sadly I haven't the work to put in front of it

2 minutes ago, iworkwhippets said:

Same for me to lads, day after day, week after week, month after month im out with my dog, in fact ive not long been in, and where once I could guarantee a bunny or 2 , theres nowt doing, to say im pissed off is an under statement, but its my dog I feel for, early 1950s ive been at it its in my blood, had some fantastic times, so has the day come , when all I can do is reflect back, I was considering another pup, mainly company for my existing do,  but sadly I haven't the work to put in front of it

Im the same mate,walk along with the dogs at night feeling guilty about it.poor dogs it aint fair on em,all they want iis to run.poor buggers still keep scenting,looking for game,in hope.

Lads i moved to an area with me ferrets and a dog that knew the rabbiting game well it was a crap area for rabbits but plenty of birds rats and squrriels so me my dog n ferrets would be ratting or shooting or flushing roe. 

I could walk past rabbits now and no longer own ferrets but theres plenty other things that can keep your dogs busy ??

• Like 1

There's a disease called European brown hare syndrome that kills off hares very quickly and is similar to rhvd some ecologists believe there is a link and there are scientific studies going on to check this theory out ......

• Thanks 1