Snap crackle and pop

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I been dying for a bowl for ages just had to get out me system before the brekki onslaught 

Standard bit of breakfast kit is taters fried up can't imagine life without em lol

Not too familiar with them I hope.... We get our meat direct from farmers with butcher's shops, Perfick Pork at Great Rybrugh who do the world's best black puddings and Russell's at Outwell,  mainl

Posted Images

Cooked new potatoes fried up were called fried potatoes strangely enough but bigger spuds sliced and fried we called scallops lol. Father used to like leftover mash done in the frying pan as well.

Cheers, D.

• Like 4
5 hours ago, FLATTOP said:

It's like an encyclopaedia britannica of grub lol on another forum my signature is your only as good as your last meal GL you must be good all the time you eat like a king.

lol  i get fkd off with paying money for food that i know i can cook better meself so as the years go on i do more cooking , there aint many cafes that get my money they all serve shite food in my book and dont know how to knock up a bit of bubble , we had our own cafe in the family for two generations and never been to a cafe that could serve better food allround

• Like 2
39 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

lol  i get fkd off with paying money for food that i know i can cook better meself so as the years go on i do more cooking , there aint many cafes that get my money they all serve shite food in my book and dont know how to knock up a bit of bubble , we had our own cafe in the family for two generations and never been to a cafe that could serve better food allround

It's the same here I will not eat takeaways or cafe food a decent trusted Pie & Mash and one fish and chip shop that is my sons friends family business is about it, my wife is a fantastic cook and I know where the foods come from, we not long ago bought a lamb from my sons friends farm you can't beat proper food.

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, FLATTOP said:

It's the same here I will not eat takeaways or cafe food a decent trusted Pie & Mash and one fish and chip shop that is my sons friends family business is about it, my wife is a fantastic cook and I know where the foods come from, we not long ago bought a lamb from my sons friends farm you can't beat proper food.

bet that lamb tastes proper  i get me lamb n pork up suffolk  not supermaket lol  i like to give a name before i eat em lol

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, green lurchers said:

bet that lamb tastes proper  i get me lamb n pork up suffolk  not supermaket lol  i like to give a name before i eat em lol

Not too familiar with them I hope....

We get our meat direct from farmers with butcher's shops, Perfick Pork at Great Rybrugh who do the world's best black puddings and Russell's at Outwell,  mainly poulterers but they do raise pork beef and lamb. Both farms do not use antibiotics in the feed, in fact both farms grow their own food. The beef that Perfick Pork sell is Glaven Herd grass fed Aberdeen Angus, which is sold at a price less than you would pay for crap out of the supermarket, both shops know how to treat meat and hang it for the right amount of time. 

Milk comes from Abbey Farm, Binham, not pasteurised! Tastes so much better. The left over milk they do not sell is turned into cheddar like cheese at Ferndale Farm Little Barnham, who also supply potatoes, we get out spuds from there, only have Stemsters now, brilliant at mash, roasting, baking and chips too...

Edited by secretagentmole
  • Like 4
1 hour ago, secretagentmole said:

Not too familiar with them I hope....

We get our meat direct from farmers with butcher's shops, Perfick Pork at Great Rybrugh who do the world's best black puddings and Russell's at Outwell,  mainly poulterers but they do raise pork beef and lamb. Both farms do not use antibiotics in the feed, in fact both farms grow their own food. The beef that Perfick Pork sell is Glaven Herd grass fed Aberdeen Angus, which is sold at a price less than you would pay for crap out of the supermarket, both shops know how to treat meat and hang it for the right amount of time. 

Milk comes from Abbey Farm, Binham, not pasteurised! Tastes so much better. The left over milk they do not sell is turned into cheddar like cheese at Ferndale Farm Little Barnham, who also supply potatoes, we get out spuds from there, only have Stemsters now, brilliant at mash, roasting, baking and chips too...

thats the way to do it , years back i used to drive up to a butcher named jeff he was prize bull fam just past downham maket and chuck a left  think he used to serve up the sandringham estate  , just looked him up it was called sargents

Edited by green lurchers
1 hour ago, green lurchers said:

thats the way to do it , years back i used to drive up to a butcher named jeff he was prize bull fam just past downham maket and chuck a left  think he used to serve up the sandringham estate  , just looked him up it was called sargents

They now have their own butcher at Sandringham, Howards. Sargents is at Stow Bridge. Never tried their produce.